Exhaust help

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
lazzyie

Exhaust help

Post by lazzyie »

Long story short I am trying to start a bulk buy for a catback exhaust system. I need to know if the exhaust mounting points for an I4 and V6 are the same. Also if anyone is around Modesto, CA? Thanks all!
Shawn
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Exhaust help

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lazzyie:
Long story short I am trying to start a bulk buy for a catback exhaust system. I need to know if the exhaust mounting points for an I4 and V6 are the same. Also if anyone is around Modesto, CA? Thanks all!
Shawn
<hr></blockquote><p>Ask Barry! He has both cars...Also my offer still stands..
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

I don't think there is a difference between the 4 and 6, but there is a difference between the years. I have a 95 RS, and the mounting where you would mount the cat-back is turned some from where the 92-93 car is. I put the Pacesetter exhaust on that is meant for a 92-93, Thus my exhaust is slanted some, and the joint actually touches the underside of the car. I had to put a sort of pad there to keep it from vibrating against the underside of the car.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

SilviaMx3 is on the outskirts of Modesto.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Why would they change the mounting angles of an exhaust that is only in production for 4 years? Thanks for the info!! Anyone one else with useful suggestions. Keep this thread alive.
Shawn
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
BlazerCrew

Post by BlazerCrew »

I live around 10 minutes from modesto in manteca where are you at?
Mx-3's rule
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Your starting a bulk buy on a Cat back exhaust? Whats the details? how much?! it sounds interesting~! <p>1) What muffler
2) What size of pipe
3) Resonator?
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

I will know all of the facts next week. I am going to Hawaii tommorow. :)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”