ZE max HP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
VizualXTC

ZE max HP

Post by VizualXTC »

I have been wondering, I know the ZE can handle about 300HP (KLZE boosted to 8PSI), but can it handle another 100HP worth of N20? The intake charge will be cooler from the N2O, so detonation and preignition would be less of a problem. Plus a big intercooler should help a bit. Can the KLZE handle a cool 420HP? <P>I want to get the most out of my baby without spendin $1000's on internal work. I wanted 450WHP but that is just too much money to put in the engine of a show car....ya know?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
VizualXTC

Re: ZE max HP

Post by VizualXTC »

Anyone?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Why do you want 450whp?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>Why do you want 450whp?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why would anyone want 450WHP? It's not gunna be a daily driver. Imma have it a show car. I can't have a hella nice lookin car, that looks fast and have nothing to back it up with can I? That would just be silly :)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

450whp in a FWD street car is going to be undrivable. Especially when you consider that you'll also have ~450 ft/lbs of torque.<P>I'd say get the KLZE in, see what you want to do. Then work from there...
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>450whp in a FWD street car is going to be undrivable. Especially when you consider that you'll also have ~450 ft/lbs of torque.<P>I'd say get the KLZE in, see what you want to do. Then work from there...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ok, if you read the origional post it says I "wanted" 450WHP. Now Imma settle with 420BHP....if possible to do so. I want as much power out of it as I can get without shelling out big bucks. And why do you say that it would be undrivable? There are plenty of 9 sec FWD cars out there. Like I said, it's not gunna be a daily driver. It will be a show car. But while I'm at the show, why not take it on the track and show them all it's not just a pretty little school girl. Show them that she's got so balls too. Maybe after I have a little prize money under my belt I will go for the 450WHP.<P>I will ask the question again. <BR>If I were to turbocharge the KLZE would I still be able to put a 100HP shot of NOS thru her? The N2O will cool down the intake charge as well as the intercooler and cool air ram intake. Will it cool it down enuff to prevent detonation and preignition? Also if it does will it be able to withstand the power it's getting?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

No.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

In my opinion the mx-3 is way more suited as a street car. too heavy for 1/4 mile! A KL motor has lots of power for the mx-3 and easier to put it to the ground. There is no such thing as 450bhp for "cheep". why have a mazda at all if you don't drive it.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>Ok, if you read the origional post it says I "wanted" 450WHP. Now Imma settle with 420BHP....if possible to do so. I want as much power out of it as I can get without shelling out big bucks. And why do you say that it would be undrivable? There are plenty of 9 sec FWD cars out there. Like I said, it's not gunna be a daily driver. It will be a show car. But while I'm at the show, why not take it on the track and show them all it's not just a pretty little school girl. Show them that she's got so balls too. Maybe after I have a little prize money under my belt I will go for the 450WHP.<P>I will ask the question again. <BR>If I were to turbocharge the KLZE would I still be able to put a 100HP shot of NOS thru her? The N2O will cool down the intake charge as well as the intercooler and cool air ram intake. Will it cool it down enuff to prevent detonation and preignition? Also if it does will it be able to withstand the power it's getting?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Like David said, NO. You can't do what you're talking about without spending a LOT of money. You're talking about building a show car and you can't do that on the cheap. And there's not a LOT of 9 second FWD cars out there, and those that are out there cost a LOT of money. You'll need a LOT of sponsors. LOTS of luck!!
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Thanks David.<P>I never said I wanted a 9 second car, I never said that I didn't want to spend alot of money. I said I didn't want to spend alot of money on the ENGINE. Does anyone even read the posts before replying? There are a few 9 second FWD cars out there, I never said a LOT, I said "plenty". Meaning 450WHP on a FWD car wouldn't be undrivable. Undrivable for a daily driver? possibly. For a show/Drag car? Not at all. There is a 10 second daily driver del Sol aroung my city.....for those who don't know, it's a FWD. I never said that the 420BHP was gunna be cheap, I said I didn't wanna spend the money to get 450 WHEEL HP. I was askin a simple Yes or No question. David was the only one that understood that. Again, Thanks David. <P>I hate when peeps come in and try and tear your s--- apart. You guys needa learn some respect.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
Max

Post by Max »

This is not a mazda... I know.. but just to prove that 450WHP can be a daily driver ! here ya go. It may not be cheap but it is possible ! It wont run 9's yet but 11's easily. Last year it killed a 911 Turbo <BR>at the track !
Max

Post by Max »

David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

"Turbo: 330whp at 8400rpm & 214tq at 7800rpm"<P>thats what your weblinks say...<P><BR>How does that equal 450hp and 450lb-ft of torque? Just because you run that much at the races doesnt mean you run that much on the street.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

450 seems impossible without huge money and going into the engine to put lower compression pistons strong rods port polish...balanced crank....lot's of engine management and fuel system to hold 100 shot and high boost reliably...if it's just show who the f--- cares put a klze in turbo or supercharge (5-7 psi) it and that's it....your not taking it to the track so who cares it will be faster then a type r so.....
Steve
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Um.....I care. Like I said in a previous post I will take it to the track also. And what the hell is with this 450WHP? I remember saying I am thru with the 450WHP idea. I wanted 420BHP but I have found that to also be a pipe dream. Thanks for the intellegent information from the select few.<p>[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”