HELP... got the car checked out at Mazda.. NEED HELP!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx3Mazda

HELP... got the car checked out at Mazda.. NEED HELP!!

Post by Mx3Mazda »

OK, PLEASE IF U READ THIS.. REPLY.. I NEED UR ADVICE ON WHETHER I SHOULD BUY IT OR NOT<BR>ok well as u know i was lookin at a 92 GS to buy, and i found one.. well i took it to Mazda and this is what they found (ill write everything)<BR>*Needs wiper blades<BR>*Noted V/C Gasket Leaking (Rear Worse, recommended replace both)<BR>*Noted lower ball joints loose<BR>*Noted Left Axle Boot cracked<BR>*Alt Belt Weather cracked<BR>*Left Stab. Link Loose<BR>*Right Rear Strut Leaking<BR>*Both Rear Boots Split<BR>*Front and Rear Brakes 60% wear left<BR>*Front Rotors warped <BR>*Left front tire out of round<BR>*steering wheel off center<BR>OK, so thats wat they gave me, i need clarification as to what the V/C gaskets, the left axle boot, the Alt belt weathered, the left stab link, rear strut Leaking? and rear strut boots are, and also i need to know how much of this work is fairly easy to do?? <BR>PLEASE POST ANY of ur ADVICE..NE WILL HELP!! Thank You VERY much!<BR>kendal
back alley

Re: HELP... got the car checked out at Mazda.. NEED HELP!!

Post by back alley »

v/c = valve cover = pricey to have done, especially the rear is harder to get at <BR>rear struts = shocks = depends on the quality you replace it with<BR>axle boots = not too bad<BR>did u get an estimate for the repairs from mazda? can u afford the repairs? do u know a good mechanic that can do the work for a cheaper shop rate?<BR>any used car you buy will need some work and buying it depends on the price for the car compared to the price oif needed repairs.<p>[ June 03, 2002: Message edited by: back alley ]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”