i need help with best tranny ratio for kl-ze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
marcos matsuda

i need help with best tranny ratio for kl-ze

Post by marcos matsuda »

hey guys thanks for the previous help. now im here agian needing some help. i want to know if i can change the gears on my 1.8 v6 tranny to work better with a kl-ze. it seemeans to need a longer gears or a 6th gear what can i do to ipruve my tranny. i heard that if i change the 5th gear my car would go faster . but im not sure if i can just change the 5th gear what u guys say ?
pelado

Re: i need help with best tranny ratio for kl-ze

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marcos matsuda:<BR><STRONG>hey guys thanks for the previous help. now im here agian needing some help. i want to know if i can change the gears on my 1.8 v6 tranny to work better with a kl-ze. it seemeans to need a longer gears or a 6th gear what can i do to ipruve my tranny. i heard that if i change the 5th gear my car would go faster . but im not sure if i can just change the 5th gear what u guys say ?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Find a 626 trans.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
mmac
Supporting Member

Post by mmac »

or an mx6 transmission
1994 MX-3 ZE
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

no no get a probe tranny<P><BR>wait they're all the same damn thing..lol<P>you're best bet is to upgrade the whole tranny bud
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Would the same apply if someone (e.g. me) is planning to swap out their (blown) 1.8 V6 for a regular North-American 2.5L KL series engine? Would I be better off to use the transmission that's in the car, or grab the one that is(was?) attached to the engine "new" 2.5L engine? (assuming it's a manual, like the one I currently have)
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
marcos matsuda

Post by marcos matsuda »

thanks all u guys that helped me with this questions question. and i holp i can help any others in the futuro.
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

Does anyone know what rpm in 5th gear the mx6/626/etc... manual transmittions is at when the car is going 120km/h???? The normal mx-3 ones it about 3900....<P>Thanks
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
marcos matsuda

Post by marcos matsuda »

does the probe gts has better trany than the others tranies?<BR>i reard it is longer , but im not sure
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nic Beique:<BR><STRONG>Does anyone know what rpm in 5th gear the mx6/626/etc... manual transmittions is at when the car is going 120km/h???? The normal mx-3 ones it about 3900....<P>Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>The final drive ratio is lower for an MX-6/626. <P>No Marcos, the Probe trans is the same as the Mazda.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

PGT/MX-3/MX-6/626 V6 all have the same 1-4th gear ratios<P>PGT/MX-3 have 4.388:1 final gearing<BR>MX-6/626 have 4.111:1 final gearing<BR>PGT/MX-3/MX-6 have the same 5th, while the 626 has a slightly taller 5th gear for cruising.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i would recommend anyone thats upgrading the engine to upgrade the tranny. Matter of fact i would recommend anyone with the 1.8 to upgrade. I'm not sure the impact it will have with a manual transmission, but i love it in my auto.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG>PGT/MX-3/MX-6/626 V6 all have the same 1-4th gear ratios<P>PGT/MX-3 have 4.388:1 final gearing<BR>MX-6/626 have 4.111:1 final gearing<BR>PGT/MX-3/MX-6 have the same 5th, while the 626 has a slightly taller 5th gear for cruising.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Dave, my '94 shop manual lists the same gears for the MX-6 and 626. Where did you get this info?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”