klze in a UK-spec mx3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mmac
Supporting Member

klze in a UK-spec mx3

Post by mmac »

I have just completed the klze conversion on my mx3.In summary I fitted a Klze(with an eunos 800 i/manifold), mx6 transmission, mx6 clutch, reprogrammed ECU, 626 V.A.F. I also changed suspension to Eibach springs and Koni shox. <BR>The end result is stunning, the car is absolutely tranformed. The car is faster, more responsive and torquier(is that how you spell it??)than I could have ever imagined. Any gear, any speed, put your foot down and this car goes like a rocket. To any mx3 owners cosidering this conversion who might have any doubts all I can say is.. do it, do it now.
1994 MX-3 ZE
David Coleman

Re: klze in a UK-spec mx3

Post by David Coleman »

Great to hear!<P>It's posts like this that make me look forward to getting my car back together! :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Wow, this reminds me of when I did the swap last year, and the feeling didn't change one year later. I love it. now go try it on the track!
Mr Mx

Post by Mr Mx »

Hi mate I`m from the UK and would like to know how much doing that little lot cost.<BR>Cheers mate.<BR>ps wot part of the UK u from???
mmac
Supporting Member

Post by mmac »

I live in Scotland,and the cost of the change will vary depending on whether it's just engine, or engine and box.The cost of all the second-hand parts can vary wildly and the amount of spares required is based on the state of your current engine and the bits that you need from it.I'm sorry if I've not answered the cost question very well but trying phoning Corksport and H.M. Customs & Excise(for import taxes) and a Mazda breakers
1994 MX-3 ZE
mmac
Supporting Member

Post by mmac »

MR MX<P>sorry if last answer is a bit vague on price. Took a look at some of my receipts,<BR>Engine & in/manifold & ECU from corksport(inc shipping & taxes)+ air flow meter will cost about £2000, add £500 for gearbox and clutch(I prefer gearing & higher top end). Even to buy a UK spec KL03 may cost £1500 and then you need ECU & In/manifold anyway.<p>[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: mmac ]
1994 MX-3 ZE
Mr Mx

Post by Mr Mx »

Cheers mate. It will just remain a dream for now. U never know i might win some money on the lottery. Probally better not to have a 2.5 V6, as there seems to be a load of new speed cameras where i live now(Cambridge). Think i could get 12 points by driving about 1 mile!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”