hey guys i need some help with my kl ze swap.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
marcos matsuda

hey guys i need some help with my kl ze swap.

Post by marcos matsuda »

I did the swap 2 days ago and so far i can not make the car drive nicelly. it will shake accelarating and changing gears and it does not idle as suposed to. i have the kl ze engine and ecu but my vaf is from a probe gt. i have no engine lights caming on. i just have it when i put my old ecu. but it still shaked. sound like it is missing fire . but i dont know if that is the prob. is the timing for the kl is the same as the 1.8 kl08? oh im using the kl08 distributor , harness and egr valve. what u guys know about my car problems? im naive about this swap. thanks
SmokyMcGee

Re: hey guys i need some help with my kl ze swap.

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I had the same problem on mine. Try using the 1.8 VAF, some people need it..some dont. Then check your vacuum lines and see if they are in properly and in the proper places. My car wouldn't even stay on... had some vacuum lines switched and the thing ran soooo smoothe. Good luck.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

After you check the lines and switch to the the K8 VAF you have to set the idle right, u have to position the TPS in the right spot then move the idle screw. Timing is all the same. Push down your spark plug wires to make sure there on.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
marcos matsuda

Post by marcos matsuda »

thanks guys for ur help . i will try it tomorrrow . the other thing i was looking in is it sounds like it is missing fire. i was compering the 2 distributors and they do not mach . the wire pins are in the diferent place. tomorrow im going to thry doing what u guys tlod me and also im going to try to re intall the original kl ze distributor. i think that is the problem. because originaly the distr is with the coils ou side , and the pins in side are in diferent position
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I wouldnt use the ZE disty
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”