klze and related

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Buff1110
Supporting Member

klze and related

Post by Buff1110 »

now the klze engine drops in with the exception of the intake manifold (ms8 is needed) and u must switch the exhaust manifold from the kl08.<BR>2 questions.<BR>1-does the kl08 intake manifold fit on the klze with no modification or is the millenia manifold better (has bigger openings??)<BR>2-now the ecu on the klze, does it plug right into the harness or does it have to be rewired, if rewiring must be done, what is another solution?<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
white fish

Re: klze and related

Post by white fish »

the k8 mani will fit but the ZE(millenia) has bigger runners so more air flow<P>Not positive but a ZE ECU from before 96 should plug right in I think
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

does anyone know if the ze ecu will plug right into the current harness or is rewiring or the reprogramming of a kl03 necessary??
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buff1110:<BR><STRONG>does anyone know if the ze ecu will plug right into the current harness or is rewiring or the reprogramming of a kl03 necessary??</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I saw in your profile that you have a 92 so yeah, the ZE ECU will plug in. Use the 1.8 VAF though.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

thanks for the answers and info<BR>Dan
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
pelado

Post by pelado »

By the way, it's the Eunos 800 (Millenia) manifold you need, not the MS8.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

ok but do all the ze ecu plug into my harnessing without modification or is there certain years?<BR>and does it matter the ze ecu year matching with the year of the ze motor?
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
pelado

Post by pelado »

Yeah, the ZE will plug right into your harness. I know cause I'v got both ZE and US in front of me.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Buff1110:
[QB]now the klze engine drops in with the exception of the intake manifold (ms8 is needed) and u must switch the exhaust manifold from the kl08.[QB][QUOTE] <p>ok i know im bringing back a really old post but i was searching for what size exhaust pipe i should use when i swap a klze in my gs, and i ran across this post..it says that you have to use your k8 exhaust manifold?? Is this true?? Ive never heard that one before...if it is, is it only due to the the position of it?? For example, if i was to get a new exhaust system at the same time of the swap, could they just relocate my exhaust pipe where it hooks into the klze exhaust manifold?? Or is it not even worth it..? Thanks..<p>[ April 01, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</p>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

u use the k8 exhaust mani due to position, it lines up with the rest of the exhaust. but im gonna do headers on the ze b4 she goes in so a local muffler shop will line up everything for me.
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

use the K8 exhaust manifolds, that way the down pipes will bolt on with on problems. there is NO advantage to useing the ZE exhaust manifolds.<p>the ZE ecu will plug in with no problems.<p>The millenia intake manifold is the best intake for a ZE swap, its has the proper ZE runners, and the proper curved neck.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Ok i will stick with the K8 exhaust manifold, and im going to use 2.25 exhaust pipes. Sound like a plan??
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”