BPT vs KLZE which one?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
PJT84

BPT vs KLZE which one?

Post by PJT84 »

Ok im stuck in a dilemma i am not sure whether to keep my '92 1.8 v6 gs or get a v4 model. Which engine swap is the better out of the two the klze for the v6 swap or the bpt/b6p? for the v4? Which will get better timing and hp to the ground?<p>Thanks for all the input.
VizualXTC

Re: BPT vs KLZE which one?

Post by VizualXTC »

I would stick with the V6 engine. The KLZE is basically a clean swap, and with the BPT you need other things (so I've heard). Plus the KLZE has 200HP and the BPT has 180HP. :shrug:
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
PJT84

Post by PJT84 »

i've thought so too, but what if i want to add on a turbo, im trying get the maximum efficiency out of these engines, quite frankly im not sure which one handles the compression better. i have a feeling the klze is too big to mount a turbo onto it.<p>Thus the dilemma once more klze+turbo? or bpt+turbo, b6t+turbo<p>And if so which turbo should i use on each motor? I heard somehwere haltek is a good choice.
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

what about power to weight ratio? which one is heavier?
PJT84

Post by PJT84 »

so which one yields more potential in the end?
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

in all honesty i would get the turbo swap. a turbo motor has much more potential then an na motor (especially one with high compression ratio.) with a few bolt on mods like injectors, fuel pump, front mount intercooler, and a little more boost you blow away a klze motor, not only in hp, but also torque. the bpt is also lighter then the klze. now im not trying to step on any one that has a klze this is just what i think. and im trying to help a fellow mxer out. :D
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

either you're confused on a couple things or you're confusing me :D <p>to start off, it's not a v4, it's an I4(inline 4cyl)<p>-both the bpt and b6t come factory with a turbo
-you can put a turbo on any version of the v6
-haltech isn't a type of turbo, it's a stand-alone engine management system
-as for power, the klze puts out more power stock but it's easier to get power out of the bpt/b6t.<p>hope this helps you out a bit.
oh...and i agree with what john said :D
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

You have a gs, go with the ZE.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
PJT84

Post by PJT84 »

ok so right now im leaning more towards the bpt or b6t now which oen should i get? yea i realized i made alot of errors i wrote that post at 3 in the morning after working a 24 hr shift :( .<p>so which model is compatible with the turbo swap any inline v4? just wondering are any better than the others like the rs? sohc or dohc?
sikblue

Post by sikblue »

listen from stree-imports your can get a KFZE a 2.0l v6 with almost 200hp..for 300 bucks less than the KLZE the kf is all aluminum like the KLZE but for 699+shippin u cant bat it..take th money u saved and u got yourself a turbo...
2 more weeks....
sikblue

Post by sikblue »

A KFZE shipped to your house would be $1000.00 a KLZE would be $1600.00
KLZE-200HP
KFZE-170HP<p>KFZE is also a bolt on to your exsiting tranny so u dont have to do any major swaps..id look into the KF if i were u and use that 600 to get a t25 turbo,injectors,managesystem,intercooler(all this will cost more than 600 but u get the idea)
2 more weeks....
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Would the KF-ZE be a huge difference over a stock GS?
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

The difference would be about 40 HP. Dude, save up and get a KLZE. Dont go through the hastle of selling your GS to get an RS. Im going to get one and toughen up the heads a bit and Juice the heck out of it...So the KLZE has high compression, big deal. Look at all of these civic engines and their compression ratios, people turbo/super charge/ nitrous the heck out of those things...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I agree the KLZE would be the way to go. Either that or a KL03 and basically build a ZE from that. You can get a KL03 from a junkyard for around $200-$500. Then just put the turbo parts in it, and you got yourself a nice engine. A nice t4 turbo should give you right around 300BHP for under $3000 if you do all the work yourself. If you have a shop do it, I'd guess at least $1500 more.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

if you like your GS, and it's in alright condition, then KL it, if it's in poor condition or you REALLY want a turbo, then a b6t or bpt in a RS is the way, simple really.
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”