klze swap help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
doughboyZmx-3

klze swap help

Post by doughboyZmx-3 »

i have a 92 mx-3 gs and just bought the klze mx-6 engine but over here in fort worth TX no one is willing to swap my engine not even the mazda dealer who said it was not possible to do that swap. my mechanic friend said he would do it but he needs to know what needs to be changed like ecu, AFM, motor mounts, distributor ECT. if it's neccisary.
VizualXTC

Re: klze swap help

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by doughboyZmx-3:<BR><STRONG>i have a 92 mx-3 gs and just bought the klze mx-6 engine but over here in fort worth TX no one is willing to swap my engine not even the mazda dealer who said it was not possible to do that swap. my mechanic friend said he would do it but he needs to know what needs to be changed like ecu, AFM, motor mounts, distributor ECT. if it's neccisary.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What's up? Welcome to the board. As far as I know the KLZE is pretty much a drop in engine. I think the only probs you will have is the VAF and the intake manifold. Although I'm prolly not the best person to give you info on this since I havn't done the swap. There is a FAQ forum that has alot of infor for the KLZE swap. Any info should be in there. Also, where did you get your engine? I'm sure you know, but I just want to make sure that you know that the US-spec 2.5L engine is actually a KL03 (160HP- 160TQ). The KLZE is the J-spec version of the engine. Hope it helps a bit.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Gabi

Post by Gabi »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by doughboyZmx-3:<BR><STRONG>i have a 92 mx-3 gs and just bought the klze mx-6 engine but over here in fort worth TX no one is willing to swap my engine not even the mazda dealer who said it was not possible to do that swap. my mechanic friend said he would do it but he needs to know what needs to be changed like ecu, AFM, motor mounts, distributor ECT. if it's neccisary.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You have to swap the distributor and if you have the KLZE with straight neck manifold ,then you have to either install your KL08 mani, or modify the tb. If you have an ms8 mani, then your ok .If you need details on modifying the tb, let me know.<p>[ May 15, 2002: Message edited by: Gabi ]
See you in my rear wiew!!
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

why don't you check out the 2.5L KL-ZE swap websites and links on this site?... print them off and give that to your buddy

Post by Guest »

"why don't you check out the 2.5L KL-ZE swap websites and links on this site?... print them off and give that to your buddy "<P>WHERE IS THIS WEBSITE TO BE FOUND?<BR>THANKS
pelado

Post by pelado »

He's probably referring to the website that sponsors this BB. Namely, <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com." TARGET=_blank>www.mx-3.com.</A>
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EtienneDaoust:<BR><STRONG>I also printed some swap articles, in overall you can consider that a swap for a right hand drive car engine is much more difficult than for a left hand drive one since the air intake is place upside down. Some people then place the battery in the trunk, but I hate this idea and I'm looking for a different solution. Beside that, keep the distributor and the ecu from the 2.5, maybe also the brake vaccum cable, and about everything else from the 1.8 and you should be fine.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>With this post you once again prove that you don't know jack merde! I especially like the parts about the brake vacuum cable and the relocation of the battery to the trunk due to the upside air intake due to this engine being from a RHD car. :roll: <P>Doughboy, look at the mx-3.com site in the lefthand column for swap info. Also check out the V-6 FAQs on this board.<p>[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”