Newbie gets 94 GS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX-Speed

Newbie gets 94 GS

Post by MX-Speed »

I just bought a 1994 Mx-3 GS,It's a 5spd and has 72,000 km. I'm not that farmiliar with modifying mazda's so I was wondering if you guy could help me out on which mods I should do first. It's my daily driver and I wanna increase the horsepower mainly. So far I plan on getting a set of tires. I was thinking of going turbo but I'm not that sure for reliability purposes mostly also I dont know how much it would cost? Anyone know? Along with suggestions if you could tell me where to find the stuff I would really appreciate it, I live in Brampton. I did a search already but noyhing that helpful came up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
1994 Mx-3 GS (5 spd)<BR>1994 Mx-3 GS (Auto)<BR>2001 Honda Prelude SE
mr.hunt

Re: Newbie gets 94 GS

Post by mr.hunt »

Welcome Mx-speed I think that youwill enjoy doing mods to your car and just love the car in general . The best way to find info on what to do is have a look at the new boards called v6 faq I think this has been were David Coleman one of the great mx-3 . com moderaters has posted info on what to do and even links on how to do it. try there and stay in tune with the other boards to read what others are doing most of the time the guys are great and love to share what they are doing.<P>As for what to do first the, Most look at a air intake and the exhaust first. but if you are thinking of a turbo I would maybe wait do an engine swap ( which the info is on that board I meantioned ) look for a kl ze if you have the $$$$ or find a 2.5l from a 626, mx-6 or probe gt. these are the easiest engines to find cause they are in this country just have to find one in good shape with low kms. This is where I would start.<P>Have fun stay in touch with this site dude and again enjoy the Mx-3. Peace<P>Mike :D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”