FINALLY, on the road.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
HeyIt'sJoBo

FINALLY, on the road.

Post by HeyIt'sJoBo »

Finally, my MX-3 is on the road. I get to feel what it's like again. Only drove it for an hour after we put moving insurance on in the winter. A little dissappointed that there's hardly any torque, but very impressed on how I can get up to speed a hell of a lot quicker. You cant feel that you're gaining speed, but you are. It's very smooth. This is pretty close to stock though. <P>Anyway, a few questions.<P>I was on the highway accelerating fast, redlined, shifted into third. I was still redlining though... then I shifted into fourth... still redlined. I downlshifted and finally I was sitting around 4500 RPM's and everything was smooth sailing again. I don't know what the problem there could be. I didn't miss a gear or anything, I dont think. The subs took most of my hearing away, which I think I'm going to turn down next time.<P>Question two<P>I took off my air box and dropped in a Ractive cone. The vaccuum hoses though need to be rebolted onto something, since the air box is off. Problem here is, there is a hose with a white dot on it, laying stranded. I believe it was Custom MX3 somewhere around here that said he drilled a small hole in his cone and put the hose in there. Is that correct, or does it specifically go somewhere else?<P>Last question... You'll laugh. I do want to get some torque in the car without spending a fortune. Exhaust and intake... Ok. Engine mounts? Yes... But what are a few modifications that will increase torque (and horsepower) without going into a nitrous kit, a turbo or a supercharger right away? I will be purchasing the KZLE in two months, but untill then, I need something.<P>Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.<P>Reply if you want to.<BR>Take care.
...and for those 10 seconds or less... I drink the beer.
Mr. MX6

Re: FINALLY, on the road.

Post by Mr. MX6 »

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do with out cracking into the motor to increase the power… <BR>Besides the usual cold air intake and the exhaust…as far as I’m aware any way.<BR>I’d just hang out for the KLZE…..<BR>And the air hose ..just tap a little reticulation threaded connector into the cone filter and plug it in…It is not to important where it goes.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jordan Bowen:<BR><STRONG><BR>Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm, ever look at touring cars? Haven't seen any sponsored by Cummins or Peterbilt recently, at least not in the winners circle... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
pelado

Post by pelado »

Not lately, but Cummins did place 4th in the Indy 500.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”