Mx3,V6 , low idle problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jberm8556

Mx3,V6 , low idle problem

Post by Jberm8556 »

Hello all, I have a couple of problems, <BR>(1)at low idle or just stoping at a light my car will cut off. Also when idleing, it will rev up and drop over and over.<BR>(2) when I turn left or right I get a clacking sound from the frount area.<BR>If any one out there can or have had this problem, could you please reply with how you took care of these problems. <A HREF="mailto:null[EMAIL]jberm8556@yahoo.com">null[EMAIL]jberm8556@yahoo.com</A>
<A HREF="http://www.yourURL.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.yourURL.com</A> or <A HREF="http://www.yourURL.com" TARGET=_blank>www.yourURL.com</A>
Droopy

Re: Mx3,V6 , low idle problem

Post by Droopy »

well im not to sure about the idle thing but for the clicking u might just want to check out the axels that will probobly solve your problem..
ZooM..ZooM..ZooM..
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

have the intake boot checked out it may have a crack in it. :roll:
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

ya man i have the exact same problem with ur first problem man and i have no idea what to do
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I ALSO HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM. IN AN EARLIER POST SOMEONE TOLD ME TO CHECK THE SMALL TUBES RUNNING TO MY AIR BOX, THEY MAY HAVE GOTTEN MIXED AROUND. THE PROBLEM CAN ALSO BE FROM A CRACK IN THE INTAKE HOSE I'VE ALSO HAD THAT PROBLEM AND REPLACING THE HOSE FIXED IT FOR A WHILE. CHECK THESE FIRST. THE CLICKING WHEN TURNING IS PROBABLY YOUR C.V. AXLES GOING BAD, CHECK FOR CRACKS IN THE BOOTS THAT HOUSE THE UNIVERSAL JOINTS. IF THE BOOTS ARE CRACKED THEY ARE SHOT AND YOU'LL NEED TO REPLACE THE BOOT AND AXLE.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Just one more suggestion, if you use the search option at the top of the bulletin page you can find answers w/o having to post and wait for replies.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
onyx_ZX3

Post by onyx_ZX3 »

searching doesnt always work.... trust me i have had the same engine probs for awhile and i post-noone replies...search just a bunch of vague help.....i am even on the mx-3 egroup( yahoo now) and it seems to be the same way....
92 GS Black (retired to wife control, but in my care)<BR>01 Focus Zx3 Black<BR>I'm Still Stationed In AR...Help???

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”