changing a clutch and other questions.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tyson

changing a clutch and other questions.

Post by tyson »

Hey everyone,<P>First just let me say that I love this sight it has been very helpfull and informative. Plus it is just entertaining to read when your not doing much.<P>Anyway I have a couple of questions if anyone is interested.<P>1) To change a clutch can you do it without lifting the engine? How much time should it take?<P>2)How much time would it take to swap in a different tranny like an mx-6?<P>3)Finally how much horsepower or difference would it make to use a cold air intake or even just a different intake with a better filter?<P>Thanx in advance for any suggestions or info.<P>Tyson.
David Coleman

Re: changing a clutch and other questions.

Post by David Coleman »

You can change the clutch with out lifting the engine. You just remove the tranny by removing the axles and mounts and cross member and install the clutch. It's a good saturday project if you've never done it before.<P>2)See above. Changing a clutch and a tranny are nearly identical processes, as you have to remove the gearbox for both.<P>3) 0-5hp, depends on alot of variables like intake length and diameter and location etc.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
T Biller

Re: changing a clutch and other questions.

Post by T Biller »

My mechanic said that it took him 5 hours on his MX3, that's a in a pro shop with all the power tools and a hoist, so in the back yard I'd expect it to take way longer.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”