HELP!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
bigluke

HELP!

Post by bigluke »

4.30 am, i get a cop at my door and in the back ground i hear my mx3's horn going off. Im like wtf! He says ppl are complaining cuz of the horn i run to the car and smack the **** out of the steering wheel, it turns off. I appologize and go back to sleep. roughly 5.30am, now im sleeping with one ear open. I hear the car's horn start to chirp. I jump out of bed and run down there and surely enough by the time i reach the car its going all out crazy. Its like someone just holds down the horn. Im thinking its because it's really really cold rite now, like 10 degrees farenheight. So the leather on the steering wheel contracting? I dono but i need to fix it as soon as i can. The first time the damn thing was going off for 30 mins b4 i got to it. I need your help! how would i fix this?!
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
bigluke

Re: HELP!

Post by bigluke »

correction it is -3 degrees faenheight. Holy Shat that is cold. I dont wanna leave my house again :(
HELP,,
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

come on, no one knows?!
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

is there an easy way to unplug it at least?
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

First off hold on until someone gets a chance to respond, you can disconnect the horn, its real easy if you don'thave an airbag, just take off the center piece of the steering wheel. I believe theres a screw on the underside somewhere, theres a wire going to it, unhook it and tape it up with electrical tape. See if that helps ya.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
sikblue

Post by sikblue »

just pull the damn fuse
2 more weeks....
sheller

Post by sheller »

I wouldn't think that the leather/vinyl is contracting much. I would pull the cover off and take a look at it. I'm thinking over the years the contact points have gotten slightly bent so if you bend them out slightly you should still be able to sue the horn but not as likely to have this problem anymore. <p>Steve
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

i dono, it was damn cold, if knew how to post pick from my hard drive not from the website id post the pick of my tv, it says -3. that is damn cold, anyhow how can i pull off the cover on my steering wheel.
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

It's possible the electronics in your alarm system is being affected by the extreme cold.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

damn fuse is your solution dude,,,
sikblue said it,,,
its also very usefull when your workin on the car and have to leave the door open and listen to the damn annoying door open alarm,,,
just pull the one thats sticking more out compared to the others,,, :D
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

It sounds to me like your car is haunted =)
It has to be... who do you think it was who called the cops? I dont think it was the neighbors..
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”