dropping idle after release gas

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

dropping idle after release gas

Post by PATDIESEL »

hey ya'll,<BR>been having a problem with my idle for a long time. when i release the gas it dropps to almost shutting the car off the n rockets back to about 1200 then goes to normal at about 750 rpm. i've recently replaced the plugs, wires, dist., oil and had a pressure check done(non-related). any ideas? thanks.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
David Coleman

Re: dropping idle after release gas

Post by David Coleman »

Check for vacuum leaks or cracked intake hoses.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

Not cool, so many MX-3s have an idle problem and there are so many logical explanations as to why. One symptom that is easy to check for is the ICS Idle control sensor. There are specs on how to check this in the online shop manual. :eek: :eek:
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

Yeah mine too, it idles as low as 100 rpms! i dunno why i got a new intake, disty and wires are in excellent shape i rebooted my ecu, and everything! i'm lost!
Andrew Johnathan Dietz

Post by Andrew Johnathan Dietz »

Check your PCV Valve. Mine had a leak in it and my motor ran at a lower RPM. It is a really cheap device and your motor wont run if it is leaking bad or unhooked. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Andy Dietz
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

thanks for the help. i've checked all of the things that have been suggested and to no avail. the pcv valve was recently changed, but i checked it anyway. hmmmm. this is really bugging me. i might have to just take it to a mechanic. if anyone has anymore suggestions thanks in advance.<P>Diesel
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

oh-ho, think that i might have found the problem. just looked under the car and found a green wire that has been ripped from something, the end of the wire is frayed and the plastic coating streched. i tried to stretch the wire to its limit and see if i could figure out where it goes and don't see anything. again, any ideas?
Kronos

Post by Kronos »

I had a similiar problem to extremly low idle 300-200-100 or stall, after I got my transmission done. It was due to the fact, that the wrong hose was plugged into the intake when they put my car guts back together. Check out the family of black hoses ( i believe 3, 2 plugged into a module..1 in intake ), plug'n'play, just remember what steps you took, so you can change back if need too. Just my 2 cents, i'm not a mechanic or anything..but doesn't hurt to try.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”