Need some help with KL-ZE install

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93 mx-3 gs/se

Need some help with KL-ZE install

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

I am on the verge of doing a KL-ZE swap in my 93 gs and I already ordered the motor from nippon motors. It was $1150+150 shipping. The question I have is; do you have to switch all of the sensors from the KL-08 onto the KL-ZE? I already know about switching the distributor and exhaust manifold and that stuff, I just wasn't sure if I needed to swap all of the sensors? Also, I need to locate a MS-8 manifold. I will need to take off the ZE manifold and switch the two manifolds. Is <A HREF="http://www.probetalk.com/" TARGET=_blank>Probe Talk</A>my best bet for finding one? I would prefer to trade the manifold for an MS-8 manifold strait across. If anyone knows of where I can find one or if you have one, I will be needing to get my hands on one. Thanks!
Smokin mx-3

Re: Need some help with KL-ZE install

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

No you don't need to swap sensors from one engine to another it will all connect into the wiring harness u can try probe talk but I would for a short time solution use your 1.8 or buy a 2.5 manifold and if you live in the toronto area go to a-spec and they will set u up but you can also look at a local junkyard and see if you can find a millenia 2.5L manifold they are the same as a jspec ms8 manifold
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

Thanks Smokin MX-3!<P>Could you tell me what year(s) and what model(s) millenia I could find the manifold I need on?
pelado

Post by pelado »

A '97 Millenia manifold works.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

Only a 97 works? Or are there multiple year models that have the correct manifold?
A_Mx-3

Post by A_Mx-3 »

you can pay nippon motors quicker through their wells fargo acct but i think you probably know that, because i did that and the day after that i was surprised that i got the engine, by the way who do you have to do your engine??
IN NEED OF HELP ASAP!!!
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

I am doing the engine swap myself. Nippon motors just sent me pics of the motor that I orded. It is on it's way here right now. BTW, ATTN everyone: The pictures they sent me show it to be a KL-ZE with the J-SPEC MS-8 manifold so that problem is solved! I will post some hi res pics when I get the motor. <P>ATTN Johnny: I saw your sig, <P>"SUPERCHARGED AND NOSIFIED 12.1@114MPH"<P>What car is running that time, your MX-3?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”