SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I AM DESPERATE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Beargrl614

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I AM DESPERATE

Post by Beargrl614 »

Alright here's the deal<BR>About two months ago my exhaust split from my cat, resulting in a LOUD vibrating sound that wakes up people in my development. I need to go for inspection soon, and I need a new exhaust. I was gonna get a Brullen, but apparently, they don't make one for a '94. I really need someone to tell me where I can get one ( anthing but Pacesetter ) and quick. I would be eternally grateful to get this damn thing fixed.
V-TEC--JUST SAY NO
white fish

Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I AM DESPERATE

Post by white fish »

I say go to a local muffler shop and get them to make a custom pipes for you and you can put what ever muffler you want <P>get 2.25 or 2.5 inch pipes ;)
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

pacesetter doesnt make one for the 94 either, but it can be easily modded by a shop to fit
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Esper

Post by Esper »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white fish:<BR><STRONG>I say go to a local muffler shop and get them to make a custom pipes for you and you can put what ever muffler you want <P>get 2.25 or 2.5 inch pipes ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the muffler shop suggestion is sound, the size reccomendation is not. most people LOSE power with pipes that big unless they run nitrous or boost. go with 2" and that should work well.
Dude.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

you wont lose any power going with 2.5, what you lose is the backpressure, which makes it feel like your car has lost torque, the difference is made up in HP in the mid range of the powerband
Shaun Newman

Post by Guest »

HELLO<BR>Go wil 2" pipes. u will definately loose a lot of off the line and low end power with 2.5 pipes . the reason u feel the big gain in the midrange is becuase u have lost so much in the low end and when u restore your original power it feels like u r gainging.<BR>DAVID COLEMAN has his stock exhaust setup because he doesn't want to mess up his torque band. Ask jesse or anyone with experience and they will tell u the same thing.<BR>hope this helps bro<P>[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: 92mx-3 ]<p>[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

first, i didnt disrespect you in my post so i'd apprieciate the same respect<P>Second, if what you were saying was the case, why did my car dyno 4 hp higher when i changed to my existing exhaust? Torque wasnt any less, just maxed at a higher rpm. I'd be more than happy to show you my feb 01 sheets. Inhale.. exhale.<P>When reading that he said he was looking for a brullen, i assumed that he was looking to exchange his current setup for something that would suit him if and when he chooses to search for more HP. If thats not what he's going for then hell, why not stay with a 2"<P>I appreciate your opinion and i'm looking forward to your 34th post.<p>[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]
Shaun Newman

Post by Guest »

i won't even waste my time(have fun getting smoked by civics.... oh and max torque at higher rpm means u r worse of!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D<p>[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Im not gonna say this again.. Im not trying to be a prick, but whatever is going on between you and Sonic, end it now. All the vulgarity and ripping each other apart all over the UBB is getting annoying. Im tired of editing posts and deleting vulgarity fom you two. Lets stop all this madness and act like reasonable adults.

Post by Guest »

Sorry cutom m-3. The dispute is now over.
Beargrl614

Post by Beargrl614 »

The reason that I want a new exhaust is that as I previously said, mine split and now sounds really bad. Someone mentioned that I can mold a Pacesetter, can I do the same thing with a Brullen? Does anyone else have a 94 GS with a performance exhaust. I want an increase in horsepower to, I am going to Englishtown and want to do a Dyano or a quarter mile. But as I said I am never going to pass inspection with this thing. Thanks<BR>Lynzi
V-TEC--JUST SAY NO
white fish

Post by white fish »

I put a 2.5inch pipes on my car and I sure I didn't lose any thing but then again I have a 2.5 V6 in my car ;)
antwawn

Post by antwawn »

if u have the 1.8 v6 go with the 2 inch pipe....maybe the 2.25....but for sure 2.5 is to big..unless u have the 2.5 liter or nitrous or something

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”