Chopping off Resignator's/Muffler/Cat

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
HeyIt'sJoBo

Chopping off Resignator's/Muffler/Cat

Post by HeyIt'sJoBo »

For the meantime, I just want to get rid of my Resignator Muffer and Cat. I'll be putting on cat back exhaust down the road. A few months or so, but for now, since we're nearing spring and my MX will go back on the road. Is there any long term or short term effects if you take off these three things? Basically all I want to do for now is get the sound until I get the actual system. 3 months without a real system isn't going to kill my car, will it?<P><BR>You kill my car? I kill your fu**ing car~! - Big Labowski
...and for those 10 seconds or less... I drink the beer.
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Chopping off Resignator's/Muffler/Cat

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

well its not going to damage anything.. but the noise and loss of power will piss you off. Not to mention you could end up with a ticket. Why would you take them off now and not just wait til you have a replacement
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
HeyIt'sJoBo

Post by HeyIt'sJoBo »

Because I'm the kinda guy who would spend 5 dollars now, even if I was offered a million not to spend it for a day.<P>I just wanna get a few things sounding better, one the exhaust, NOW. I few buddies did this with their Sunfires. It sounds pretty damn good, but yes, they did lose power in the back end. If it's going to sound fine, I think I'll do it for the two months. I won't be racing it until then anyway.<P>I dunno, I'm just a moron ;)<P>Later
...and for those 10 seconds or less... I drink the beer.
Esper

Post by Esper »

It'll be loud and slow, and it won't be very good for the environment. you're call.
Dude.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

A guy in my local car club cut out his cat and put in a straight pipe on his PGT, hie spissed at himself now, just dont do it, sounds like crap, runs slower.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”