CPU failed?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kration

CPU failed?

Post by kration »

I posted earliwer on the alarms/car audio board re. a problem with my alarm. However, I have taken the car to the garage due to another problem i.e. the rear window heater has stopped working. At first they specified a faulty switch, but now report that the CPU is faulty.<P>The stmptoms are as follows:<P>1) The alarm goes off whilst I am driving the car - but he immobiliser does not kick in though. This has only happed once (well several occasions on one day) and has not recurred.<P>2) The rear window heater has stopped working.<P>3) The rear window wiper sometimes moves a little or does 1 sweep when I start the car.<P>As I say, after fiddline with the switch for the rear window heater the garage says the car needs a new CPU. The wierd thing is that the rear heater now works - except that the light does not come on.<P>Any comments gratefully received.<P>kration<P>1992 Black V6
pelado

Re: CPU failed?

Post by pelado »

Get a second opinion from another garage. Don't tell them what the other garage said.<BR>Act like you haven't taken it in yet.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
kration

Post by kration »

I think the garage meant my ECU! :roll: <P>And soz for the typing in my original post - it was done late at night :eek: <P>One other comment, apart from the faults listed, the car runs fine. Surely the ECU would not just affect stuff like me window heater light ? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
pelado

Post by pelado »

That's why I said to find another garage. There seems to be a lot of ripoff garages in your country, judging by a show on the Learning Channel.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
kevsurf75

Post by kevsurf75 »

see my comments on your origional post
pelado

Post by pelado »

I'll say this one more time, find another garage. No, you don't need a new ECU for the problems you're having.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”