rebuilding 2.5... adjustable cams possible???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
furiousclouds

rebuilding 2.5... adjustable cams possible???

Post by furiousclouds »

hello all,<P>i am rebuilding my 2.5 with new rods pistons and crank, and was wondering if anyone had a good source for adjustable cam gears, an adjustable fuel rail, larger injectors, and one stock mx-3 air hose from the tb to the vaf. all help appreciated, thanks<P>furious
93 Mazda MaXimum INTEGRAl<BR>submission to Allah's will above all. speed speed speed for the rest
ProtegeSTS

Re: rebuilding 2.5... adjustable cams possible???

Post by ProtegeSTS »

what is an adjustable fuel rail?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

fuel pressure regulator maybe?
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
furiousclouds

Post by furiousclouds »

thank u, yes fuel pressure reg. i had a brain fart and couldnt remember what to call the damn thing. any suggestions
93 Mazda MaXimum INTEGRAl<BR>submission to Allah's will above all. speed speed speed for the rest
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

cam gears dont work on those engines...
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

They will work on every engine that has camshafts, but if nobody makes them is because you have to take out the intake manifold to work with the back side cams. Too much hassle
European Mx3 GsRT
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BATTOSAI:<BR><STRONG>They will work on every engine that has camshafts, but if nobody makes them is because you have to take out the intake manifold to work with the back side cams. Too much hassle</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What is this removing the intake manifold stuff? Sigh......<P>The whole point of adjustable cam gears is to advance or retard the intake or exhaust cam with respect to the other. KL intake and exhaust cams are driven off each other and the timing belt only drives one cam on each head. So, even if we had adjustable cam gears we would be adjusting both cams on each head and what would be the point of that? <P>That's the reason nobody makes them. You would have to adapt a completely different cam drive system with timing belt sprockets for each cam, like the 929.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”