**Question about transmission swap.**

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93 mx-3 gs/se

**Question about transmission swap.**

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

I am going to swap a manual transmission into my automatic 93 gs. I have some questions about the wiring part of the swap.<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Do you need to swap the ECU?<BR><LI>Do you need to swap the complete wiring harness from the 5-speed into my automatic, or will the existing wiring harness work?<BR></UL><BR>Thanks! :)<p>[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: 93 mx-3 gs/se ]
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Re: **Question about transmission swap.**

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

I don't think you'll have to swap the ECU? the wiring harness I have no idea. But someone gave me this site before as kind of a "shopping list" <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bat_elof/tranny.html" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/bat_elof/tranny.html</A> <BR>Hats off to whoever's site it is. Tell me how it goes Because I'm looking to do the swap next year, unless I come into some $ before then i.e. win the lotto. :cool:
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

Thats the how to and list for the RS, its not the same for the GS. Do a search man theres allota info on the swap. I'm planning on doing the 5 spd conversion too
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

This topic is covered better in the Automatic Transmission forum where they have topics dedicated to the swap
EMPTYPOCKETS

Post by EMPTYPOCKETS »

I did this swap and i kept my ECU and removed the Auto computer. as far as the harness goes there is only 4 wires on the manual. I found my reverse light wire off the auto harness and cut all the other wires and taped them up. They are not powered since you remove your auto computer. It has been a few years since i did it and i have had no problems except when my car is in reverse with it turned off my reverse lights stay on. This can be fixed with a relay.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”