Engine switch...I want a 2-5 liter. 3 questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
appe

Engine switch...I want a 2-5 liter. 3 questions

Post by appe »

I have 3 questions:<P>1) I have -92 V6. Engine ticks. Blue smoke comes from exhaust. Sometimes the car give it all and then it is fast. But that is seldom. IBut it goes steady and fine but it seems like it does not use all horsepowers, only the few times it suddenly goes well.<P>What can I do about it? Can a mechanic tell what is wrong actually. One said the lifters had to be switched. Ok that maybe solves the knocking noise but what about the smoke. I have to fill oil quite often.<P>2) I would like to have more horsepowers. That is why I am thinking about getting a 2,5 liters V6. Is it much more difficult to change to that one than replacing mine (if it not fixed easily) with another 1.8? <P>3)If I want to change to a 2.5 liter, I assume I use 626 engine. What yearmodel shall I look for?
Angel
Mradio

Re: Engine switch...I want a 2-5 liter. 3 questions

Post by Mradio »

look for 95 and on, <BR>iam doing a 2.5 upgrade right now, and it's not that hard, you just need tons of tools, which i didn't have and had to borrow. plus u should pick a good time, cause right now it's freezing, and it's no fun to work outside.
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

lol aint it a b---- when its cold, vlad LOL i had a nice heated garage, damn it was HOT in there had to take my shirt off LOL LOL LOL, :) :), just make sure u mark ur vacuum hoses those things are a pain in the a--
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

well the problem is, i bought the car with 2.5 in it, but nothing was hooked up, so i have to figure it out on my own, plus there is tons of wiring harness, which is missing <BR>i borrowed my friends garage right now, brought over a heater and a 500watt light, and they keep blowing out the fuses, it sucks, but better than working outside :)
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

if you have blue smoke and need to keep adding oil, i'm assuming your engine is burning oil....try to find the leak<P>As for the ticking noise, try a 5w30 or 0w30 oil...synthetic if possible. Mine stopped when I added a bottle of Rislone Stop-Tick to an oil change. It lubricates everything so that valves and lifters are quieter. Cost me about $1.49 USD.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Quazi5

Post by Quazi5 »

I'll tell you now that blue smoke is a definate sign of oil leaking into your cylinders. The "having to add oil alot" just adds to the fact. Burning oil in the cylinders is caused by a number of things. I can't name them all but here's a couple. 1) Your piston rings are going bad if they haven't already done so. & 2) You have a leak at one of your gaskets, which (if you don't know much about engines) means that there is alot of oil leaking which can be very bad if you have blue/white smoke in your in your exaust. Either way it need to taken to have work done on it.<BR>Hope I could help and good luck.
Blake Gibson<BR>'93 Black MX-3 GS<BR>Anyday is a good day if I'm in my MX-3.
Tom

Post by Tom »

You might try a synthetic oil like Amsoil 0W-30W. It slows down the oil burning process dramatically if you plan on keeping your car a little longer and squeezing a few year outta it.<p>[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: 92MX3SixCylinder ]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”