KL-03 or KL-ZE swp questions.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Quazi5

KL-03 or KL-ZE swp questions.

Post by Quazi5 »

I'm looking into swaping my stock 1.8l V-6 to a KL-03 or ZE... I need info about both and need to find out how much I need to look at spending for the swap, mods, and engine itself and also where I should take it to have it done. I'm having probs with the stock engine and want to just change the whole thing. I'd like to talk to someone but UBB posts I guess will have to do for now. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. :p
Blake Gibson<BR>'93 Black MX-3 GS<BR>Anyday is a good day if I'm in my MX-3.
SmokyMcGee

Re: KL-03 or KL-ZE swp questions.

Post by SmokyMcGee »

i wanna do the same thing. My engine has gone to sh!t. Someone help :mad:
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

If you search this forum for KLZE, KL03, 2.5, Swap, or other key words you will find links and stuff.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
spitfire

Post by spitfire »

Dave people are coming here for help from poeple who have already made these mods Like me I have four jobs and the only time I have is time to check this site and that is cutting into the time I need to sleep. your links are just too genreral we need more spacific sorry my spelling is not the greatest. as for the coments you made to me earlyer in a diferent post I am not being lazy MY kl-ze is now sitting in my engine bay I come here because there is more knowlage on this one site than any of you links. this is the place to do reasearch on this type of mod and car. I now cant run my car without going through radiator hoses dew to the rocking of the engine. but none of you links are helping me with that problem. Now if this was my chrger I would have no troubles But I have no clue when it come down to this computer and fuel injection. my expertise come in carberated engines. Such as the 440 magnum Or the 426 hemi 350 454 and others.
I am looking into a way to put turbo under the hood and will let you all know how where as soon as I find out
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spitfire gs:<BR><STRONG>Dave people are coming here for help from poeple who have already made these mods Like me I have four jobs and the only time I have is time to check this site and that is cutting into the time I need to sleep. your links are just too genreral we need more spacific sorry my spelling is not the greatest. as for the coments you made to me earlyer in a diferent post I am not being lazy MY kl-ze is now sitting in my engine bay I come here because there is more knowlage on this one site than any of you links. this is the place to do reasearch on this type of mod and car. I now cant run my car without going through radiator hoses dew to the rocking of the engine. but none of you links are helping me with that problem. Now if this was my chrger I would have no troubles But I have no clue when it come down to this computer and fuel injection. my expertise come in carberated engines. Such as the 440 magnum Or the 426 hemi 350 454 and others.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Your engine rocking problems would be engine mount issues. Try filling them with 3M windshield urethane or getting Mazdaspeed ones.
David Coleman
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quazi5:<BR><STRONG>I'm looking into swaping my stock 1.8l V-6 to a KL-03 or ZE... I need info about both and need to find out how much I need to look at spending for the swap, mods, and engine itself and also where I should take it to have it done. I'm having probs with the stock engine and want to just change the whole thing. I'd like to talk to someone but UBB posts I guess will have to do for now. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. :p</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've seen engines for as cheap as 300 and as expensive as 2400. <BR>As for taking it somewhere, I could recommend some shops in Florida, but what good would that do you?<BR>All you "need" is the engine. Its recommended to get a new clutch also, as the stock 215mm asbestos free clutch disk barely holds the 115 ftlbs, much less 150-170 ft lbs of a KL. I would personally also get a water pump, oil pump, timing and accessory belts, as well as a UDP if you so desired, as those are a whole lot easier to do out of the car. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

Hey, Dave!<P>where can you get that 3m urethane and how much does it cost?
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin mx-3:<BR><STRONG>Hey, Dave!<P>where can you get that 3m urethane and how much does it cost?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>napa, and you'll have to call them and find out I reckon.
David Coleman

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”