Driver's door power lock stuck?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mick

Driver's door power lock stuck?

Post by Mick »

Hi first post here ... I'm a newbie.<P>My wife has a 94' GS with power locks and also a remote starter with keyless entry installed. Problem is that the driver's door won't open, tried the key, the remote keyless entry and it won't unlock. The passenger door will open and when I lean across to the drivers door the lock is solid (won't move) lock or unlock. Any suggestions what may being going on? Anyone else experienced this? Is there something let go?<P>Thanks in advance,<BR>Mick
ssmog

Re: Driver's door power lock stuck?

Post by ssmog »

replace the power lock solenoid, after that your prob's. will be over.
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog
freakuency

Post by freakuency »

i'm also starting to have a similar problem. lately i've noticed my lock is getting harder to unlock and it seems to be getting stuck. sometimes i'm afraid of unlocking it from the outside because my key might break. should i be replacing the solenoid also?? is there anything else i should check?
'93 MX-3 GS<BR>Ractive Dual-tip 3" Muffler<BR>Ractive strut tower Bar<BR>Custom CAI
precidiagirl

Post by precidiagirl »

my door locks were getting quite stiff to the point where I hade to replace my keys because they were all bent. I bought some powder graphite and squeezed it in there, the doors now open like a charm. I have to put more in every 6 months or so, but it's a cheap fix!!! That only works if it is stiff, not if it is completely stuck. Good luck :)
Holly Ouelette
Potatoes

Post by Potatoes »

I am almost sure that it is your solenoid. I have the exact same problem. I got it fixed at the Mazda dealership for $40 CDN.<BR>~Dean
Mick

Post by Mick »

Well I got the door unlocked, fiddled with the lock inside (back and forth) and it opened. Once the door was opened, I used the key to try and lock and unlock the door, seems like when using the key there isn't enough power to completely lock or unlock the door and it gets stuck between lock and unlock. Then the door is impossible to open, it's locked, I will have to take the panel off the door and test the selonoid and see if is working properly, anyone elses power lock weak when using the key?<P>Thanks<BR>Mick

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”