question on transmition

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
COMPACT Gladiator

question on transmition

Post by COMPACT Gladiator »

Each time i have to reverse on my mx(manual), it doesnt wanna take it, but it i keep trying few times later it goes on gear. Does anyone knows what is happening? Sometimes also happenes on 1st gear....CAN ANY ONE HELP? :roll:<p>[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: COMPACT Gladiator ]
mxer4eva

Re: question on transmition

Post by mxer4eva »

Well first, on most manual cars that have the reverse underneath fifth gear it sometimes is tricky to pop into gear, espically when its cold out. But about the first gear, sounds like you may want to replace your trans oil. When was the last time you change your trans oil? Just try changing the oil and if the problem still exist, just have a mechanic check it out.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Yea, try changing your tranny fluid. (80w90). It might also be your clutch if it does it going into 1st.......<P>WHen you go into reverse, you aren't moving right? This would cause it to grind and make that annoying noise
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Manach

Post by Manach »

Ok, seems the same probs with me.<P>About first gear. I can only gear between 0 kmh, and 5 kmh (Can't do it at 10 kmh). Or, I could only go in first when I am stop, otherwise, I use the second gear.<P>About the reverse gear. I try to pop it in, but sometime it look like it won't go in. So I put it back in neutral, release the clush for a 2-5 seconds, then try to pop it in. It seems to work a lot of time. If not, try to pop it in others gears first, like in 1st, then in reverse.<P>Hope this can answer your post :)<P>Well, that's my 2 cents.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
COMPACT Gladiator

Post by COMPACT Gladiator »

thank you guys...i tryed almost everything you just said above. i change my tranny fuil 5 months ago.<P>just for the record reverse is under 5th gear.<P>thanz

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”