Advice on brake system

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Frenchguy0

Advice on brake system

Post by Frenchguy0 »

I need to get my brakes fixed all the way around (pads, rotors, the whole nine yards) and I was just wondering what would be the best set up as far as brands and possible upgrades. They quoted USD 500 for the job at Midas, so I'll be glad to get something at better or equal quality.<BR>Thx and happy New Year. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
COMPACT Gladiator

Re: Advice on brake system

Post by COMPACT Gladiator »

you can try and search on <A HREF="http://www.nopi.com" TARGET=_blank>www.nopi.com</A> <BR>there is a brand call powerstop, which they claim to be good, and it is not that expencive. i got mines fix with this brand. And results are good :D
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

so your brakes are much better now?
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

just replace the rotors with normal, non-drilled or slotted rotors, get good street pads, and use good fluid. Thats all you should need, other than proper maintainence. The biggest factor in braking is the tires anyway.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Frenchguy0

Post by Frenchguy0 »

Thx guys... I appreciate...Do you have any advice on brands I should use other than powerstop ? I've heard about ceramic pads that are supposed to be practically for life... what you think ? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
COMPACT Gladiator

Post by COMPACT Gladiator »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RayRay:<BR><STRONG>so your brakes are much better now?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>compare with before i would say Hell yeah!. im going to check my stop distance and i let you know

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”