A-spec engine swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Redline

A-spec engine swap

Post by Redline »

has anyone here gotten the a-spec engine swap for either KL-03 or KL-ZE? If so how did it go and how long did it take?
ProGTR

Re: A-spec engine swap

Post by ProGTR »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Redline:<BR><STRONG>has anyone here gotten the a-spec engine swap for either KL-03 or KL-ZE? If so how did it go and how long did it take?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not long at all. I recommend them to do any kl based swap.<P>They even do 323 kl swap's.<P>check out <BR> <A HREF="http://www3.sympatico.ca/progtr/" TARGET=_blank>http://www3.sympatico.ca/progtr/</A> <P>They did my swap and do all work done on my car.<P>Big thumbs up!!!<P>Frank
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

I had mine in there in September. I had a KLO3 and an auto to manual swap done. It took about a month because they needed the parts for the tranny. I worked something out with them and they lent me a loaner mx3 for a bit. I would recommend them to anyone because they know their stuff. They put ZE's into 323's, its crazy.
KWK MX3
ProGTR

Post by ProGTR »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KWK MX3:<BR><STRONG>I had mine in there in September. I had a KLO3 and an auto to manual swap done. It took about a month because they needed the parts for the tranny. I worked something out with them and they lent me a loaner mx3 for a bit. I would recommend them to anyone because they know their stuff. They put ZE's into 323's, its crazy.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I remember you!!! Even spoke with ya for a bit at the shop when you were picking it up. Enjoying the 5sp over the auto?<P>what a change eh...2.5 and standard all at once
georgechicken

Post by georgechicken »

Hey Guys:<P>my system recently crashed, and therefore, I hvae none of my old bookmarks.. can someone give me a link to A-Spec?<P>I've heard almost 100% good about them.. Shoot, if they can do an auto to manual swap then they'd get my business (If I didnt do my own work).. I did the auto-manual swap over the summer and its not the easiest thing.. but it helps to have a complete parts car right beside you, too :). I'm about to do a 1.8 swap into a 323, so I may have a few questions for them. thanks!
--Maybe the Hippopotamus was just a really cool Apotamus.--
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Jefferson:<BR><STRONG>I'm about to do a 1.8 swap into a 323, so I may have a few questions for them. thanks!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>BPT I would hope...? Get ready for an INSANE car!!!!lol :)
~SonicRacing~
georgechicken

Post by georgechicken »

actually, no. its the 1.8 KL08 V6. I have 3 mx-3's (2 parts cars) and one is the donor for the engine, tranny, wire harness, etc... it'll take the better part of a week of free time, im sure... <P>george
--Maybe the Hippopotamus was just a really cool Apotamus.--
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Jefferson:<BR><STRONG>actually, no. its the 1.8 KL08 V6. I have 3 mx-3's (2 parts cars) and one is the donor for the engine, tranny, wire harness, etc... it'll take the better part of a week of free time, im sure... <P>george</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why bother drop that in when you can drop in a 197hp or a 164hp just as easy? <P>There is NO such thing as a KL08 by the way. It's a K8....
~SonicRacing~

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”