Machine work and headers?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Machine work and headers?

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

Hey everybody!<P>I just a N.A. 2.5L from a friend of mine, and was wondering a couple things:<BR>1. Does anybody here have a 2.5L with performance headers on? If so how is the fit and is it worth the $?<BR>2. I plan on boring out the cylinders and putting in larger pistons. How many thou oversized should I go without causing to much strain, or should I just stick to the basic .02? Is .04 too much?<BR>any and all advice is appreciated. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
ProGTR

Re: Machine work and headers?

Post by ProGTR »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZDASPEED STEVE:<BR><STRONG>Hey everybody!<P>I just a N.A. 2.5L from a friend of mine, and was wondering a couple things:<BR>1. Does anybody here have a 2.5L with performance headers on? If so how is the fit and is it worth the $?<BR>2. I plan on boring out the cylinders and putting in larger pistons. How many thou oversized should I go without causing to much strain, or should I just stick to the basic .02? Is .04 too much?<BR>any and all advice is appreciated. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>As for the headers..I'm running Bosal's but that' on my Probe. They fit great.<P>As for header's on a Mx-3 I think they would work but just a few modification's would have to be done.<BR> <A HREF="http://www3.sympatico.ca/progtr/" TARGET=_blank>http://www3.sympatico.ca/progtr/</A> <P>I'm located in Brampton. Check out my car and the a-spec page. They could make you a set out of t-304. The number's on the bottom of that page.<P>I'd do a KL-ZE swap first if you haven't done a swap yet

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”