Bad runnings

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TAZ1

Bad runnings

Post by TAZ1 »

My V6 1800cc has all of a sudden started running very badley' but what amazies me is that the problems are only first thing in the morning when it is cold.<P>Once the car is warmed up it goes like a dream, several machs have had a look at it for me, but no one has come up with a sulution.<P>Anybody out there with ideas.<P>Taz1 :confused:
93mxrgs

Re: Bad runnings

Post by 93mxrgs »

whats it doin, just reving high >??? if thats the case, mine does the same thing, and its just cause its tryin to warm up, i believe
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
TAZ1

Post by TAZ1 »

My V6 runs badley every morning when cold.<P><BR>It doesn?t seem to be running to fast, the problem only appears when I accelerate, there?s a slight tapping just under my feet which get stringer with acceleration, if I take my foot of the gas it settles down immediately. A buddy suggests that it could be slightly misfiring, and advises that I change the leads, do you think this explanation sounds plausible.<P>Taz1
pelado

Post by pelado »

It seems to me that if your problem was with your ignition leads (sparkplug wires), then your problem would be present all the time and not just when cold.<P>I would look at things that function when cold such as your Idle Air Valve. You also should examine the throttle body and see how dirty it is. How many miles (kilometers) does your MX-3 have?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”