What kind of intake?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
NBishop

What kind of intake?

Post by NBishop »

I'm going to get cold intake for my 1.8L v6 5 speed and i just wasn't sure which brand to go with. Seems like PRM and Weapon-R's are the two main ones. Which would you guys suggest? and where is the best place to get them from? Thanks-
Neil Bishop<BR>aim-nbish4350
93mxrgs

Re: What kind of intake?

Post by 93mxrgs »

i hear that weapon R are garbage, i'd go prm. i have a home depot cai, and it werks great, but if ur lookin to buy one go with a prm
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
KanadianPride

Post by KanadianPride »

I have a weapon-r on my 93 gs and they are far from garbage, u will notice a diffrent sound, and more power, its not so noticable off the line but more up to a hundred Kilometers (60 Mph). so choose whatever one u want but i am very happy with my Weapon-r
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

I have weapon -r on my car and I have one of the top mx-3'showcars,Where ever you heard that weapon-r in garbage probably is running Ractive or something.Weapon-r is very good and will fit better than a lot intakes out there.<P><BR>Killer Mx3
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

From what I hear, I'd definitely recommend the PRM intake. Haven't heard any negative comments about it.
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
ProGTR

Post by ProGTR »

PRM all the way<P>enclosed filter's are the way to go
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

i hear weapon-r are s--- from a LOT of people on the site, and SHOW and GO are 2 differnt things bud
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

I have both show and go ,and never had a problem with weapon-r,problably just the installer or something,or probably to complicated for most to install or understand how is properly installed,BUD!<P>Killer Mx3
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

it doenst show ur intelligence when you make comments about puttin and air intake on.. all i know is what people have told me, and from the posts i;ve read, they;re not very good, and prm is by far the best from what i hear. but i guess to each his own
Redline

Post by Redline »

first off, weapon R is s---, PRM i have heard is really good, my friend has it in his MX-6, works fine. I would go with a home made CAI with a Apexi filter, they are proven the best in filtration and performance, compared to HKS, K&N, and weapon-R
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

I would have to agree on the Apex-i equipment cause my custom stainless exhaust is finished with a Apex-i N1 muffler and I am nothing but happy with performance and sound.As for the weapon-r intake,all I am saying is that I have have a few intakes on my car and I found Weapon-r to fit the best and I haven't have any problems with the filter,so Prm might be better for the filter end but I haven't been able to see the difference to compare.What ever you decide for an intake is anybody's choice but I think anything that makes an MX-3 look and perform better is worth the time and money.<P><BR>Killer Mx3
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Weapon R is just a filter, right? Just brings in hot engine air. You can make your own kit for like $40...<P>I can't really see the point of spending the money on a stupid looking filter and adapter to gain basically nothing. An open filter right next to the engine will do about jack.<P>I've got a PRM and think it's great. That has shown to give power.<p>[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: Sonic ]
~SonicRacing~
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

Hey guys,<P>I don't mean to butt in, but when I bought my car off Zoran it had a PRM on it. To tell you the truth I didn't like the performance I got out of it. I kept the PRM tube on and replaced the filter with a huge 6X9 K&N filter. Noticed a great difference between the two, and I figure I need to squeeze out as much hp sauce as I possibly can considering my mx is an Auto. So if you ask me you're better off with a Weapon-R. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZDASPEED STEVE:<BR><STRONG>So if you ask me you're better off with a Weapon-R. :roll:
~SonicRacing~
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KillerMX3:<BR><STRONG>I have weapon -r on my car and I have one of the top mx-3'showcars,Where ever you heard that weapon-r in garbage probably is running Ractive or something.Weapon-r is very good and will fit better than a lot intakes out there.<P><BR>Killer Mx3</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>And the point that you have a show car means what to me? By saying that, you basiclly just killed whatever respect you had as far as knowing about performance anyway. Weapon R doesnt make good quality performance items. It makes things like oil caps, and checker'd floor mats. Show me some dyno evidence that the Weapon R is better than the PRM.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”