Any ottawa people on here? where did u get your custom c

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Tyler17rose

Any ottawa people on here? where did u get your custom c

Post by Tyler17rose »

The subject says it all. Anyone from the ottawa ontario area know a good place to get a custom cat back? I went to midas and speedy and they both wanted about 350 bucks just to bend a pipe from the cat back and install my muffler!
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
DVH

Re: Any ottawa people on here? where did u get your custom c

Post by DVH »

Correct me if im worng, but isn't $350 CDn for a custom cat back a good price??? I thought it was?? ............ :shrug:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Thats just for the piping and install... i'll bring him the muffler. Is that still a good price?! I thought he was trying to rip me off.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
DVH

Post by DVH »

Well this is just my opinion so i could be wrong, but hey, doesn;t sound bad to me! SOUnds reasonable, some piping costs like 6 bills then add on installation,. but hey i could be wrong....<p>Someone else reply! heheh! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

which midas did you go to? I had mine done at midas in bells corners by a guy named john potter. 2 1/4 from the cat and he did a beautifull job!!! at the time I was working for final lap and was entitled to a huge discount so I can't compare my price but your prices don't seem too high(for good work)
miztahfoolish

Post by miztahfoolish »

I think thats too expensive...It cost me $120 dollars to have a muffler shop cut the stock pipe from after catalytic converter down, bend and weld 2 1/2" aluminized piping and install the dual tip stainless muffer that I took to them. Just shop around some more...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p4db0456187afaea6516e8ae8416d551e/fc2a74e5.jpg
Purchased the MX-3 GS bone stock on Feb 03, 2003 for 2G's...Modifications so far...custom 2.5" aluminized piping Catback Exhaust with 3.5" Dual Tip Stainless Muffler, custom Short Ram Intake, 1.80 drop with ZX2 Tokico struts & Dropzone lowering springs, smoked sunroof & window wind deflectors, optional rear mud guards, Kenwood CD deck, 2 10" MTX 6000A subwoofers, Phoenix Gold X2200 amplifier, 6.5" Pioneer 200w 3-way front & rear speakers...<p>Parts sittin' in the garage: corksport MS style front bumper<p>Other project rides: 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS, 95 Mazda Protege LX...pictures at http://www.geocities.com/foolishheart08
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Johann where u been man? Are you still working in Kingston?<p>$350 sounds decent to me. I havent don'e the piping yet (just the muffler)...but I got mine done at Midas on carling avenue.
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

nope i'm back. going back to school.....I've been wayyyy out of the final lap loop for a while now(since brian took a dive)still on good terms though. My car has a good dent in the driver front quarter now since the day before I left for kingston a f#!@%*%^*^%in meter maid hit my car trying to chalk the tire by getting real close and leaning out the window :mad: by the time I got outside (my alarm pager went off) he was tearing around the corner at the end of the street. I didn't "see" him hit it but all the cars behind mine were chalked and none of the cars in front of me were so you do the math. anyways its a good excuse for new paint when it gets out of storage.
Jackattack

Post by Jackattack »

Go see john @ Midas in bells corners.
he is really good at building custom exhast systems. he will also give you a good price.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”