Highly recomend 2.5L swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
KWK MX3

Highly recomend 2.5L swap

Post by KWK MX3 »

Hello mx-ers!<BR>I am just putting up this post to tell you to save your money for all engine mods and get the 2.5L swap done. What a difference.<BR>Burn out of first, smoke it into second and hell, why dont we skwak it in 3rd while we are at it? It has oodles of power at every <BR>gear but drives like a regular 1.8 when driven normally. But mash the throttle and awaken the beast. I kept saying to myself<BR>"ive created a monster!" Either the regular 2.5L or the KL-ZE will do but the ZE is hard to find. Dont worry, the regular 2.5L KL03 pulls very hard as well and i like it for its reliability factor and that you can walk into any major part store and gat almost anything. It burns about 1/4 tank more than it did with the 1.8 but what? are we hondas or something? <BR>This is a true hot-rod that isnt for the weak, drive with caution.<P>zoom zoom!!
KWK MX3
Justin

Re: Highly recomend 2.5L swap

Post by Justin »

I am also from the GTA area and I have been looking for a 2.5L but unable to find one. Where do you recommend I look?? What can I expect to pay for the swap?
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

<A HREF="http://www.members.home.com/sofronov/We ... vices.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.members.home.com/sofronov/We ... es.html</A> <P>seems like a good deal. And I know that they have done a few of the peoples swaps on this board....
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
JJ

Post by JJ »

sup guyz im really interested in swapping my engine for the KL_ZE but you think tha canada guyz (http://www.members.home.com/sofronov/We ... vices.html) would kno anyone in FL that can help me out down here instead of me going all the way to Canada?? if u dont kno thanx anywayz<BR>peace
white fish

Post by white fish »

Hey Im from T.O. aswell I picked up a KL03 at a junk yard out of a 626 right off for $800, $45 VAF, and $100 for the ECU Just Call around there are tons of KL03's think about it 93 to 97 probeGT, MX-6,and 626
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

what kinda mileage did it have?
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
white fish

Post by white fish »

had 100K km on it now has 135k
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

thats pretty high mileage, you paid $800 canadian or usd?
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
white fish

Post by white fish »

800cnd dollars and thats kilometers not miles
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

oh okay, i knew it was km, i converted it, roughly ~ 62k miles, and for canadian $ its good, i'm thinking of swaping a kl03 soon.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
p00onU

Post by p00onU »

Call me a dumbass, but how do I know if it is a kl03 engine or not? should it say on the engine itself? My next day off I plan on making some trips to some local junkyards and seein what I can find, maybe ill get lucky =P
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

Eric you dumbass. Shut up Red!! sorry<P>In a junkyard you will only find the klo3, nothing wrong with it. Look for it in v6 626's, probes, mx-6's, and MPV's. The KLZE comes from Japan special order.<P>I'd still recommend the KLO3, its a solid engine and you wont go crazy looking for a KLZE.
KWK MX3
Daemione

Post by Daemione »

How much does a ZE intake manifold cost?<P>And is that a bolt-on affair for the 03 engine?<P>Seems like retrofitting an 03 would be cheaper than finding a ZE. But then, I'm new to the Mazda world . . . .
JJ

Post by JJ »

i think the ZE intake manifold is too big for the mx3....u would have to take the manifold from ur old engine.<P>JJ
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KWK MX3:<BR><STRONG>Hello mx-ers!<BR>I am just putting up this post to tell you to save your money for all engine mods and get the 2.5L swap done. What a difference.<BR>Burn out of first, smoke it into second and hell, why dont we skwak it in 3rd while we are at it? It has oodles of power at every <BR>gear but drives like a regular 1.8 when driven normally. But mash the throttle and awaken the beast. I kept saying to myself<BR>"ive created a monster!" Either the regular 2.5L or the KL-ZE will do but the ZE is hard to find. Dont worry, the regular 2.5L KL03 pulls very hard as well and i like it for its reliability factor and that you can walk into any major part store and gat almost anything. It burns about 1/4 tank more than it did with the 1.8 but what? are we hondas or something? <BR>This is a true hot-rod that isnt for the weak, drive with caution.<P>zoom zoom!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>And how much horsepower do you get? 30 or so? if so...it burns more fuel and car gets more heavy from engine load and these extra horsies get to pull weight of engine> so its not worth it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”