Slow power windows

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Slow power windows

Post by Custommx3 »

I got me a GS over the weekend, and I noticed that the windows dont go up very fast, is this normal? (My RS has manual windows)
simo711

Re: Slow power windows

Post by simo711 »

Barry, Barry, Barry....I never thought I'd be helping you out with an MX problem. Okay. If you look at the bottom of the glass window (meaning you have to take the inside door panel off). You should see sticky stuff. This the crappy glue or whatever the people who built the car left on the windows. That makes mine go up slow when it gets to the top.<P>Or else, is it an automatic. Because automatics are slow at rolling windows up because the battery is pulling energy to all the sources and the window takes time to go up.<P>Hope it helps. Later, Chris
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

The windows in my '94 GS 5-speed roll up quick. I don't know how to help, sorry. I just thought I'd tell ya that it's not normal for them to go slow.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Im not the MX-3 Master I just know alot from experiences and peoples replies. <P>I have seen this thread before and since my RS is manual the power windows are new to me. :)<P>Mine are slow (not real slow) but not as fast as I thought they should be. My GS is a 1992 , and I dunno if its a year thing or what.<p>[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I had that problem....well i still have... I spray WD40 in the window rails. Does wonders, plus i ripped out some rotten molding. <P><BR>-eD
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Is it to my understanding that you own 2 mx3s now? .... ??
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

yes.. a 1995 RS and a 1992 GS
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

Yeah, my 96GS ATX's power windows are slow too. Especially when I pull up the 2 tabs simultaneously. Then I let go of one, and the remaining one is faster. Just seems like the windows draw a lot of power :\ When stopped at a light with the deck fairly quiet, you can hear the engine whirring with the windows, then the engine will go back to normal after you're finished playing with the windows. haha<P>P.S. Need another set of slim visors, Barry? ;)
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

ha!, naa not right now anyways :)
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I have power windows in my 94 GS and the pass. side one goes REALLY slow. The driver's side isn't that bad. If i try to roll them both up at the same time, they go even slower. It has gotten worse since i got my window's tinted too. I never got around to taking off the panels yet. If anyone knows how to fix this, let me know cuz it's really annoying.<P>P.S. Both of the window lift motors are new too, so it's not that
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

i had a 92 GS, automatic tranny. the windows went up quick as hell. i also had tinted windows and they were still very fast. so it's not the year or anything... just wanted to let ya know that a 92 GS should have quick windows, manual or automatic.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
locutus79

Post by locutus79 »

I have a 92 GS MANUAL and my windows were slow as hell until a tiny little piece of plastic in the switch broke. After paying $150 to get it replaced my windows now move twice as fast plus the new switch has an auto setting for the driver's side. So look into the window switches. They aren't hard to take apart ;)
Nottahonda

Post by Nottahonda »

My windows just started going slow recently, but haul a-- when it's rainy. Like the rain lubes them up so they can go faster. Haven't taken them apart yet, because I'm waiting for a nice day.
Casey Guthrie
[email]goesfast@theraces.com" target="_blank[/email]
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GMGQ:<BR><STRONG>Yeah, my 96GS ATX's power windows are slow too. Especially when I pull up the 2 tabs simultaneously. Then I let go of one, and the remaining one is faster. Just seems like the windows draw a lot of power :\ When stopped at a light with the deck fairly quiet, you can hear the engine whirring with the windows, then the engine will go back to normal after you're finished playing with the windows. haha<P>P.S. Need another set of slim visors, Barry? ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That describes my windows to a "T"... Maybe I'll try taking the panel off and cleaning out the roaches :eek: .<P>BTW I'm interested in some slim visors, how much and do you have a PIC (or was this an inside joke)?
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

Yeah, I'm just too afraid to take apart my panels right now. I'm just afraid of breaking the tabs! Cuz then the panels will start to squeek, and will be loose, etc. A friend of mine just bought those screws for his Integra from the dealership, and they charged him $2cdn each! So it can get kinda costly...<P>Slim Visors? Yep, just click on the link down there in my sig. Feel free to email me with any questions you have. Thanks.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Evans:<BR><STRONG><P>That describes my windows to a "T"... Maybe I'll try taking the panel off and cleaning out the roaches :eek: .<P>BTW I'm interested in some slim visors, how much and do you have a PIC (or was this an inside joke)?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”