Engine Swap Question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jrich

Engine Swap Question

Post by jrich »

I have a 92'Mx-3 it's a 4 cylinder, recently I came across a (i think its a 94) 94'Mx-3 with a v6, was wondering if it is possible to put the v6 in my 92, if so is there anything I should know before doing it?? Thanks in advance guys.<P> JOE
white fish

Re: Engine Swap Question

Post by white fish »

Its real hard to put a V6 in a 4cylinder car you have to change the wiring harness not even sure if the mounts are in the same place look in the 4cylinder section to see your swaping opiton
p00onU

Post by p00onU »

I have a wrecked GS to play with and possibly fit the V6 in it, Can Anyone tell me about how much difference in horse power ill get from the 4 Cylinder to the V6
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)
andy

Post by andy »

If you are going through the trouble of an engine swap I'd suggest the 2.5l motor. At the very least a kl03 or maybe a klze.<BR> the difference between the 4 cyl and the 1.8L 6 cyl is maybe 30-40 hp, but the klo3 would be 60-70 hp and the klze 90-100hp. Either of these motors would fit just as easily as the 1.8L v6.<BR>Andy 93 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”