0-100 km/h...10 seconds with 1.8! A problem...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
appe

0-100 km/h...10 seconds with 1.8! A problem...

Post by appe »

Hi!<P>I see it as a problem having this MX3 car. It looks fast but the look dont say everything though. I live in Sweden and as soon as people sees my car they want to compete. Do I dare to say they have ordinary Saabs and Volvos??? <P>I do not dare to compete because my car does not win! What to do?<P>How fast is an 2.5 literengine?
Angel
93mxrgs

Re: 0-100 km/h...10 seconds with 1.8! A problem...

Post by 93mxrgs »

there is sumthin wrong with ur car if its a 1.8L 24v v-6, maybe your a bad driver, but the 1.6 are that fast i beleive, this might be a question for dave, cause surely a gs isnt 10 second 0-60, i know mine isnt
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
white fish

Post by white fish »

0-60mph is ~8.2 sec
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

I believe that the stock 0-100kmh time is 8.5 seconds. With a 5spd manual. Anything could be causing yours to run sluggish..<BR>spark plugs/wires....leaking gasket...poor clutch (spipping....like mine), im sure there are many more reasons...<BR>Also the car really likes the 4000+ RPM range...when I race somebody I at least take the rpms to 6500 before I shift. And dump the clutch at at least 3000 when I take off...basically what im trying to say is it could be your car...or the driving....<BR>Might I recommend if you dont have one...to get a PRM intake...it really helps acceleration - adding ~5 ft/lbs and some hp too!<P>As to how fast a 2.5 litre engine is... I heard that the KL-ZE version - intalled in the mx3 GS can do 0-60 in mid 6's. Then I also heard that it can do mid 5's....from this site <A HREF="http://www.members.home.com/sofronov/We ... vices.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.members.home.com/sofronov/We ... es.html</A> <BR>which is it? I dont know, but its definetly very fast :)<p>[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: killerpickle ]
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

ultra fast shiffting is the way to win !<BR>(for me)<BR> :cool:
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

10 is reasonable. It's all about your timing method. I don't think the stopwatch method is ideal. If you take it to a dragsrip and really get an impartial reading of what it's doing, we could diagnose it better.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”