2.5 KL-ZE to be clarified

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx-3 Gs-x

2.5 KL-ZE to be clarified

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

this question probably has been answered a million times but i wanted to be assured about it, i got the 2.5 KL-ZE, the VAF also from it, and i been reading through all these posts and email addys and i didnt come up with nothing i didnt know, so what else would i be needing. i know the ecu, disty, tranny can run off the 1.8L so what now?
KiSs My a$s......yEa
pelado

Re: 2.5 KL-ZE to be clarified

Post by pelado »

If you've read all the posts, visited all the websites, then take your 1.8 and put the KLZE in! Start disconnecting stuff, label it, and get to work. :D <BR>Otherwise, you're going to have to be more specific with your question.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Mx-3 Gs-x

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

DO I NEED ANY OTHER PARTS FOR THE SUCCESSFUL SWAP, I ALREADY HAVE WHAT I NEED TO USE TO MAKE THE SWAP BUT ANY OTHER CAR - PARTS DO I NEED, BUT I BET YOU HAVENT HAD THAT EXPERIENCE YET HUH? WHEN YOU GET THE CHANCE TO SWAP A 2.5L ENGINE IN UR CAR U CAN ALWAYS ASK ME OK
KiSs My a$s......yEa
white fish

Post by white fish »

First EASY<BR>Ok your going to have to drain fluids so Oil, antifreeze ect. <BR>the tools eg engine hoist<P>not nessasary <BR>maybe some vacum lines but should be ok<BR>I would get a better clutch (mine sliped after)<BR>some poly to inject in the motor mounts<P>what other info are you looking for?
pelado

Post by pelado »

I'll be experiencing that as I'll be dropping a KLZE in my MX-3 GS pretty soon. :D I just received the Millenia manifold, throttle body, MX-6 ECU, and MX-6 VAF today. <BR>I'll try to recoup some of my expenses by putting the KLZE MX-6 intake on eBay. Probe GTs and MX-6s can use it but it won't fit the MX-3. The KLZE MX-6 throttle body would be right where the brake booster is.<BR>I've visited every website I could find on 2.5 swaps and KLZE swaps and it seems straight forward. I typed up all of the experiences I found on these sites and put them in one Word file.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Fahzie

Post by Fahzie »

Get your hands on an engine hoist and make SURE you have LOTS of rags and towels. If you dont have acess to a lift get a creeper. You may need an engine stand unless you want to store your 1.8 on the floor. <P>Uhh....Get a shop manual, practice your patience and buy a box of bandaides.
Todd Lambert<BR>ZE powered PGT

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”