Brake Light

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
VizualXTC

Brake Light

Post by VizualXTC »

When I race and go from 1st to 2nd my tires chirp and my break light comes on. What is thid from? Is it hazardous? Thanks<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
white fish

Re: Brake Light

Post by white fish »

My guess would be you might be "tapping" the brake when you push the clutch<P>------------------<BR>Clear White 2.5L GSR
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

U mean the ebrake light??? Check your rear brake pads and rotors...sometimes the ebrake sticks also....<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

It's only when I shift from 1st to 2nd. It doesn't stick when I hit the brakes. I had my safety check, and they said the rear brakes need to be replaced soon so I will do that and see if it helps. Thank you so much.<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

No problem....the rear pad change shud eliminate the problem...let me know how it goes
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Hey there,<P>okay I had this problem a few months back...and they told me to check my brake fluid level...and sure enough it was just under F, and I topped it up, and the light never comes on while im driving.<P>My symptoms were the same....heavy acceleration, and the light would come on for a few seconds... <BR>anyway give her a look :)
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”