If a guy in a Viper revs on you...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Darth_Luis

Re: If a guy in a Viper revs on you...

Post by Darth_Luis »

(newbie)
If I won the lottery I'd probably buy a Viper or a Porshe Carrera.<p>I'd still keep my precidia, all suped up... of course...<p>I dunno about you guys but the front of a precidia kinda looks like a Viper... :shrug: Maybe it's just me...
Only a punk drives an automatic
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

i think it's a challenge to have a cheap small car and modify it to beat up those expensive cars.
now that's called "cool" :D
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

i think the front looks more like an eclipse. each time i wash my car.. i see a resemblance from the hood.. i dunno.. but would there ever be a possibility that a mx3 with a bpt or b6t beat a stang..? i am most annoyed by them
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Dude i hope so, when i get my KLZE im going to do whatever it takes to beat mustang GT's. I hate seeing them!! There are always spoiled little rich kids driving them around like they are something else..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Mustang GTs are weak, you should have no problem beating them with an engine swap. Also, if someone spends $25,000 on a mustang GT it shows you they know nothing about cars so they probably don't know how to drive either. A good driver in a stock SOHC MX-3 should be able to smoke a crappy driver in a GT any day.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I love the mx-3 and everything but that is not true at all. I dont care who is driving, a SOHC mx-3 wouldnt be able to touch a mustang GT. As much as i hate them, they are quite fast.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mazdamaniac

Post by mazdamaniac »

Where are you guys getting the idea that the RX-7, WRX or Supra will spank the Viper?
Even modified, it will be rough going.
I've drive ALL of the above mentioned vehicles and the Viper BAR NONE was the fastest, most brutal vehicle I have ever laid my hands on.
I spent 2 days on the streets of Vegas with one that I rented - and believe me, it had been beaten on badly in its short life - and I DESTROYED everything I came up against.
Corvettes, Ferraris, Mustangs, a few RX-7s, WRX and a whole bunch of others.<p>All I did for nearly 48 hours is beat the crap out of that car. I wanted my money's worth and I figured it was better and more fun than craps or blackjack. I didn't sleep, I barely ate, I pissed in the desert and I burned several tanks of gas.<p>I'd take a Viper over just about everything else ever made in a heartbeat.
Now the pricetag is another issue. I'd never spend that kind of green on a domestic because, the fact is, the car is a piece of crap with regards to fitment, comforts and build quality.
The '72 Civic had a better interior.
At 1/2 the sticker price, it starts to be reasonable.
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

vipers are still over rated... take the corvette and it would wallop the viper with a couple mods. Not to mention the difference in the interiors. I also feel that corvettes are abit better made than the average domestic vehicle... I have sat in a viper but I never got to drive it... the dash is horrible looking,its a big sea of flat boring plastic...
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
Darth_Luis

Post by Darth_Luis »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
I hate seeing them!! There are always spoiled little rich kids driving them around like they are something else..<hr></blockquote><p>Yeah... my #@*$~!! boss thinks his blue mustang is the sheet... he is so obnoxious and pompous... one time I saw his car parked outside, dirty as hell, and I wrote "If only my wife was this dirty" on the side :D
Darth_Luis

Post by Darth_Luis »

Did I mention his blue mustang is automatic?
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by quinn_seipp:
vipers are still over rated... take the corvette and it would wallop the viper with a couple mods. Not to mention the difference in the interiors. I also feel that corvettes are abit better made than the average domestic vehicle... I have sat in a viper but I never got to drive it... the dash is horrible looking,its a big sea of flat boring plastic...<hr></blockquote><p>Well I disagree with you.<p>I love the Viper interrior. It worked really well for me, and it's super comfortable as well. I onnly wish my MX-3 was that nice. The gauges were perfect for glancing at high speeds as well. So, I like it.<p>As for the Corvette, I think it's one of the ugliest cars ever created. In my opinion I can't believe it's been around for over 50 years. I hate their interrior, and I find them extremelly uncomfortable.<p>A Viper is NOT as slow as quinn_seipp is saying. I know.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

whats the fastest car you have ridden in or driven?
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by quinn_seipp:
whats the fastest car you have ridden in or driven?<hr></blockquote><p>Driven: Stock '95 R/T-10 Emerald Green<p>Ridden in: Same one.<p>I'm tall as well so I liked the interrior. You may not, but you hate Vipers anyways.<p>I'm a Viper fan no matter what anyone says bad about them. I think they are awesome.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”