Sluggish Performance

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Black93GS

Sluggish Performance

Post by Black93GS »

I recently purchased a 93 MX-3 GS automatic with some performance problems. The check engine light is on and the code is for oxygen sensors. The car has bad acceleration when cold but gets better when warm. When cold the acceleration is so bad it is a hazzard to drive in trafic. There is still a flat spot at approx. 3000 rpm when warmed up. The cat has been removed and the car was test driven with no change in performance. I checked the air filter and MAF for dirt and obstruction. I unpluged the MAF and the car ran bad except when slowly raising the RPM the check engine light would go out for up to 1 minute. I removed all plugs and found all to be off white color but one which was almost black. Any sugestions?
VizualXTC

Re: Sluggish Performance

Post by VizualXTC »

Take it to Mazda for an inspection. I had the same problem with my truck. The problem ended up being the fuel injectors. I would take it in there (don't tell them what I'm saying) and have them do a 150 pt. inspection. I bet it's your injectors.<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Bri94GS

Re: Sluggish Performance

Post by Bri94GS »

Put in some injector cleaner or octane booster...<P>change your plugs, wires...and make sure your exhaust isn't clogged up<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”