1/4th mile times with 2.5 V6 swap?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DigitalBlackICE

Re: 1/4th mile times with 2.5 V6 swap?

Post by DigitalBlackICE »

Email me, I know where you can get the engine rebuilt to a race grade setup..that is if you want like 400-600 HP under your hood, :-)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boots:<BR><B>What can I do with the KL-03 engine aftermarket wise? (cold air intake, headers, turbo, etc.)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
Boots

Post by Boots »

DigitalBlackIce, im only looking to build a street sleeper, not a full blown drag racer Image. But what is the set up?<P>Does anyone know anything about turboing the 2.5L?
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

You guys can get any ZE you want. But the Eunos 800 (J-spec Millenia) engine is ideal. If you can't get one (they are getting more rare) then you can just get a US-spec Millenia intake manifold. That will be the best power option. Any KL_03 manifold will work, but not as much as the Eunos 800.<P>------------------<BR>Mazda Powered 93SonicProbeGT<BR>AIM:Benkrys
~SonicRacing~
TorontoGuy77

Post by TorontoGuy77 »

The KLZEs you see selling for $1500 US, these are taken out of running cars I assume? How old are they? I'm gonna have a '96 GS soon, so I don't want to get a KLZE that isn't in top condition. I need this sucker to last me as long as the original V6 would have.<P>Any input?<P>Thanks!
Boots

Post by Boots »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonic:<BR><B>You guys can get any ZE you want. But the Eunos 800 (J-spec Millenia) engine is ideal. If you can't get one (they are getting more rare) then you can just get a US-spec Millenia intake manifold. That will be the best power option. Any KL_03 manifold will work, but not as much as the Eunos 800.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How much hp/torq. is the Eunos 800 engine rated at? How much are these engines going for?<P>Im with TorontoGuy, this engine needs to last me a long while.
TorontoGuy77

Post by TorontoGuy77 »

Hey Boots. I actually heard from a friend that the cars are taken out of cars that have been wrecked. Most of the engines have very little mileage on them and run perfect. <P>Don't take my word for it, this is just what I've been told so far.
Boots

Post by Boots »

Tononto, I read the same thing on the corksport.com page. They should be pretty good engines then. But then again, what if they were ragged on, on all of thoes >30k miles or whatever? <P>I was thinking, okay, the JDM KL-ZE is rated at around 200 hp. If it produces say 170 hp to the wheel, using the 1/4 mile time calculator, i figure it should run ~14.3ish. I estimated the weight of the car to be 2200lbs. But I think to myself, what is the modaibility (I dont know if that is a word or not, heh) of the KL-ZE engine?<P>First, I would have to buy the mx-3 (where I am from they hold there value, somewhat), I cant find an mx-3 for no less then 3000USD or so. Plus I would have to pay ~1500USD for the engine, plus whatever mods I want to pursue.<P>As sport compact cars go, wouldn't it be easier/cheaper just to get like a NX2000 or an old SE-R with the SR20DE? You can modify thoes things pretty well. I dont know if this is a good thing to talk about on a mazda board or not. Somebody give me some feedback why I should stick with trying to get an mx3. Thanks.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boots:<BR><B><BR>First, I would have to buy the mx-3 (where I am from they hold there value, somewhat), I cant find an mx-3 for no less then 3000USD or so. Plus I would have to pay ~1500USD for the engine, plus whatever mods I want to pursue.<P>As sport compact cars go, wouldn't it be easier/cheaper just to get like a NX2000 or an old SE-R with the SR20DE? You can modify thoes things pretty well. I dont know if this is a good thing to talk about on a mazda board or not. Somebody give me some feedback why I should stick with trying to get an mx3. Thanks.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The SR20DE is a very moddable motor. Potent 2 Litre it is. However, if you think finding a MX-3 is hard, try to find a NX2000. I tried before I got my MX. Very hard to find, at least in Florida/Georiga/Alabama/NC/SC. <BR>A 2.5 powered MX-3 will take a NX2000 though. More hp and torque, especially with the KLZE. The SR20DET has 200hp, which would be more of an even match for a KLZE. That race could go either way, but my money's on the ZE, due to more torque over a wider powerband. <P>As far as old sentra SER's go: they look like boxy accords. In my opinion, that's a bad thing, but if you want a sleeper, its a good thing I suppose. Though, for a boxy sleeper, a 91 Galant VR4 is a better choice...<P>A ZE powered MX-3 would be much more unique, and since nobody knows about these swaps, you could keep your 1.8L intake manifold and rake in the dough at street races telling them you're stock. A few Mazda tech's have had trouble identifying ZE powered MX-3's with the K8 intake manifold on them...<P>Clear things up for ya?<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Boots

Post by Boots »

David, thanks for repling back, I didn't know if everybody was pissed off at me or what, because this topic had been idle for 2 or 3 days. <P>Yeah, the 2.5L mx-3 would be a heck of a sleeper. You're also right, the mx-3 would be easier to find. One thing im worried about is that, I think I could drop say the JDM KL-ZE in with some friends helping me, but what if something goes wrong with the engine later? I don't think I could trust these yahoos around here with something like this. I don't know though.<P>What all could I do to the sr20de to make some power if I was to go with something like this? Are there any good message boards to talk to other owners about this. I've been refered to <A HREF="http://www.se-r.net" TARGET=_blank>http://www.se-r.net</A> or something like that, it doesn't give me what I want though.<P>Thanks David

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”