Major Tune up

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Darbee

Major Tune up

Post by Darbee »

94 V6, <BR>1)I have serious problem with my engine, it should really loud in the morning cold start. It tick tick tick tick very rapidly and loud. SHould horrible. Like something inside the engine bounching around. <P><BR>2) It is so sticky when I want to shift from first gear to 2nd, and there is kinda knock or crunching feel when i shift from 1st to 2nd in the morning. Is it my shift is kinda loosen ? <P>3) my V6 has about 94000km on it, and I am thinking of a major tune-up, should I go to Mazda or just any shops to do that. how much would it cost and what should be done? I was thinking of an engine flush, does it help or not?? any fluids that needed to be replace??<P>your help will be greatly appreciated.... thankz in advance<P>
1994 Blaze Red GS<BR>Intrax springs<BR>DTM muffler<BR>B&M Shifter<BR>AEM air filter<BR>AZ-3 Conversion
white fish

Re: Major Tune up

Post by white fish »

ticking sound like cam friction gear big $$$ to fix try using 5w30 oil(thinner)<BR>for the tranny change to Redline MT 90 oil<BR>(sinthetic)
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I have the same problem with the morning ticking sound, 1st to 2nd gear jazz. I had a new clutch put in and tranny top with fluid. Still i heer it. Im considering a nice tune up. i hope it at least does something, i also have a bad knock sensor, so you should keep that in mind.<P>------------------<BR>Edgar Paredes
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Darbee

Post by Darbee »

I just put my baby mx into a hop up shop, asking a a major tune up and short shift, I hope that will help me out, i also bought some slick 50 synthetic oil, engine treatment, but I'm not sure if it works or just gimmics !! some people say it doesn't work, some said it works.... I don't know !<P>Friction gear cost a lot, i know...! Also, the guy at the shop said that G-power NGK spark plugs aren't good at all, but those ones cost me like $8 each, i spend about $50 only on the spark man. So expensive. <P>I got some new NGK wires, new camshalf, new shift bushing, I'm wondering those SRD shifter oil bushing works or not?? is it good ? does it worth the cost of these things??? please let me know !! i'll order some !
1994 Blaze Red GS<BR>Intrax springs<BR>DTM muffler<BR>B&M Shifter<BR>AEM air filter<BR>AZ-3 Conversion
RiEnHaRp

Post by RiEnHaRp »

I had the same problem with my automatic with the morning clicking. I took off the valve covers and poured "A little" motor oil over the valves and the put the covers back on and this seemed to help. The clicking had stoped. Then I replaced the Timing belt and Now if at all the Clicking doesnt happen or stops clicking immediately after it starts to Click, 99% it doesnt click now , just only if I hadnt driven the car in about 2 wks, Maybe this will help,<P>
Darbee

Post by Darbee »

So, does that means the engine needa be flooded with motor oil even pass the safe point from the dip stick? I don't know how to open up the valve cover.... how? <P>well, i hope it has nothing major to do with the engine, otherwise, so expensive to repair it !! It's a Mazda !!
RiEnHaRp

Post by RiEnHaRp »

No You Only Put In a " Little" amount of oil, Not Very Much, A Sample Of Oil, A drop of Oil, A LITTLE AMOUNT OF OIL<BR>

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”