Trouble with the reverse

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Hans Fredrik

Trouble with the reverse

Post by Hans Fredrik »

When I start my car and the parking brake is on, it's difficult to get the stick in to the reverse position, as soon as I let the parking brake down it's no problem. Is it supposed to be like that?<P>Clueless,
SmokyMcGee

Re: Trouble with the reverse

Post by SmokyMcGee »

i had a new clutch put in my car still the reverse gear problem remained. Im thinkin tranny.....and im also thinking alot of overtime at work for me to fix it.<P>------------------<BR>Edgar Paredes
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Try putting it in first gear and then reverse. It should work then. I think it is just a safety feature or something.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Hans Fredrik

Post by Hans Fredrik »

Spent some time shifting from 1st to reverse and found that there is a low clicking noise when it is properly locked in the reverse, can't afford to do anything with it since a ferry lowered its gate on my hood the other day, bummer.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Reverse is not syncronized, so it will not go into gear as easily as the other gears. That is also why it has a mechanical whine to it: it is straight cut as well.<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Mx-3_Gosu

Post by Mx-3_Gosu »

Maybe I'm Just Lazy. I have the same problem, and all I do is double clutch it. It takes half a second to do, and works every time
natedwag03

Post by natedwag03 »

Yea, i have the same problem as you do, somebody talled me that i should put it first gear and put it on reverse, then i try that it works.
92 Mazda Mx-3 V6 GS
reSa

Post by reSa »

just pump the clutch a little and it should be fine...well it works for me...or maybe i just think it does :) )
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

David hit it right on the money, not syncronized, set your gears, some go into first, I prefer 2nd myself. :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”