OUCH I get shocked all of the time!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mx3man83

Re: OUCH I get shocked all of the time!!

Post by mx3man83 »

I still havent tried it yet, I will be sure to let you all know my results LOL...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

kinda weird that ive never seen another car with that button on it.. it makes sense that it should happen with every car too. cause whenever you get out or slide across the seat u make static electricity.. that doesnt vary from car to car. unless they have leather seats. the fabric must be really bad for mazda to incorperate this into there design.. :shrug:<p>[ February 08, 2003: Message edited by: boostedmx ]</p>
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
JJ

Post by JJ »

i have never gotten shocked from my 92GS and my interior fabric doesnt seem to be makin me get shocked. Perhapz we should focus on the person than rather bad-mouthing the mx. lolz just a suggestion.
pEace
:eek:
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Dude nobody is bad mouthing the mx-3, i Love both my RS and my GS. Its just weird that i get shocked in them...If you are on this board then you love the mx-3...doesnt mean everything you've experienced is perfect, but u still got the love...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
jon8rfc

Post by jon8rfc »

I get shocked 95% of the time when getting out of any car any season...I find the "touch" spot a NICE luxury and have never seen anything like it on any other car...way to go mazda innovation!
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

incidently, someone asked why he can't find the touch button, it's because the 96's don't have em. At least, the Canadian rs doesn't. I thought it was only on the 92-93's
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

I never have the problem in my GS but then I dont drive it in winter. I do get shocked all the time in my winter car (Nissan Sentra) and My wifes Toyota Corrola in Winter. During other seasons I dont think I've been shocked.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I actually tested it today...i pushed the touch button before stepping out and i heard a small shock sound and saw a kinda blue flash on the other side of the door material(it was at night)and i didnt shocked..Im not kidding at all...this is a cool feature...hahah GO MAZDA!!
My Cardomain site
Sublime68-96

Post by Sublime68-96 »

Yeah, we just talked about that in science the other day. It't the dry winter air that helps conduct all that static electricity, nothing to do with the car.
mattster

Post by mattster »

told ya :p
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
chrisboden

Post by chrisboden »

The cause of the static is the car moving through (and displacing) the dry air molecules. This turns the kinetic energy into a static electrical charge. This is exaserbated when you move on the seats (Cloth or leather doesn't matter, it's the movement). Other things that contribute to it are tire friction (against the road), your clothing, and a few million other variables that you'd never think of.<p>The main important variables for the static are air temp/humidity but there are thousands of smaller ones. What may be a horrid bit of fingerpokes one day, could be fine a day, or even a few hours later.<p>Helicopters have the same problem, only they displace enough air (rotor wash) to make static at levels that can kill a human (it's happened a few times).<p>The Touch button is a gounding point, likely through a high ohm (like a 10MOhm) resistor, but I'd have to tinker with it to be sure.
Christopher "Duck" Boden
President/C.E.O.
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup.org
Because the Geek shall inherit the Earth!
SimpleNClean

Post by SimpleNClean »

its alll about the touch button haha its a lifesaver
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

i wish the 96 model came with that touch button.<p>[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: your2slow ]</p>
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
reSa

Post by reSa »

you're all nuts :)
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

ok! that was a long topic about getting shocked by your car! It is like we are running out of things to talk about on this board. :eek:
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”