VROOMMMMMM

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

VROOMMMMMM

Post by Franko »

So today I totally got the exhaust system changed out on my 93 4 cyl. I allready had the aftermarked muffler and I thought that was loud. But I decided to have from the flex pipe to the borla muffler changed out with a straight piece of pipe. I kept the catalyac converter just in case, but I tell you the sound that comes out of my car now is enough to knock an unsuspecting hitch hiker on his or her *** . Plus now I have extra power coming out the ying-yang.
Woo! How delightful.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
pcperez83

Re: VROOMMMMMM

Post by pcperez83 »

sweet man, so you can actually feel the power gain? your car hasn't been running wierd or anything? wierd idle? nothing?
Franko
Supporting Member

Re: VROOMMMMMM

Post by Franko »

Yeah man. It seems like the power from 1000 rpm to almost 3000 had diminished a little to make for higher power from 3000 - 6000 rpm. I am glad that I did it. There is only one thing and that is when you are going up a hill and the constant loudness kinda gets to me but I say for the power trade off that I gained it is worth it. Also it would appear that there were no after effects by changing it, the car still runs perfect god love her.
I was waiting the longest time to get this done to my car because there was apparentily this guy who knew what it was all about, he bends pipes or something and exhaust systems are all he deals with. For like a week I kept calling him to see if he was avaliable to do it for me because he was so tied up patenting a special muffler he designed. I thought he was full of crap until I got there and talked to him, this guy speaks like 4 languages and shows me this clipping out of a magazine with a picture of him holding a little silver muffler or something.. he said that is all he could tell me about it. I thought that since the guy is inventing mufflers and stuff that he would know what he was doing, I wasent disappointed.<p>
-Frank
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”