MX-3 + Remote Start

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jeffc

MX-3 + Remote Start

Post by jeffc »

Has anyone had a remote starter installed on their mx-3? I was talking to my freindly neighbourhood mechanic, and he was telling me that alot of cars '95+ had to have a seperate "relay"(or something of the sort)installed in order for the starter to work. My car is a 95, just wondering if anyone has any experience in that. Thanks<p>
Jeff
Talon_66

Re: MX-3 + Remote Start

Post by Talon_66 »

Anything is possible with time and money. I was going to install it in my 92, but my friend talked me out of it.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Talon, why did you not put one in?<p>I'm gonna get a Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry system put in mine in the next few weeks, ym mechanic estimated about $500cdn for the parts and install<p>[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I dunno, I backed out of getting it cause I had heard quite a few horror stories about people leaving the car in gear (I had a 5 spd)
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

wouldn't there be some kind of sensor that wont let it start unless its in neutral?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by killerpickle:
wouldn't there be some kind of sensor that wont let it start unless its in neutral?<hr></blockquote><p>There is a neutral switch you can add but most people opt to just leave the car in gear. Anyways, i have one installed in my car. I did all the work myself and i know of no relay that needs to be added in order for it to work. The only relays i needed were for the power door locks/windows.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
sikblue

Post by sikblue »

i ahve a 5spd. and the crimestopper 2006fm...Alarm/pager/remote atrt n keyless entry
workds great n i love it
2 more weeks....
Hex3

Post by Hex3 »

remote starts are no big deal they are fine to use, you can put one on in 1-1/2 hours no problem there is like like 7 wires to hook up. Now 5 spds thats a different story my frien that works with me put one, while i was putting in am alarm he remote started his car in gear and the car drove off and ran in to the bay next to where i was working but he doent have the neutral saftey switch on his.....
2.5 KL-ZE, BBS rims, I the front i have to falkin Azenis, Intrax Springs, CM Stage 1 clutch, and Fidanza flywheel, Pacesetter short shifter, Tociko Blue Struts, Sparco Steering Wheel, Yellow Top Battery
Alpine Type R Subs 10's, Alpine 2 Channel Amp, Alpine 4 channel
Amp, Alpine Alarm,Alpine Headunit
14.8 @ 94.2(with vaccume lick)
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

im positive that it is illegal to have one installed without the neutral safety switch. Anyone back me up on this one?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Q187

Post by Q187 »

So with an auto there's no problems, correct?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Q187:
So with an auto there's no problems, correct?<hr></blockquote><p>Correct.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

The problem with remote start is to avoid putting it into gear when you park it. I grab the e-brake and leave that up and never put my 5spd into gear while its parked. I hate it whenever someone else drives because they usually leave it in gear, and they move my seat too!<p>I would think remote start would be alright as long as you knew not to leave her in gear. Make sure to remind everyone who drives it not to either.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”