speaker repair?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mykel78

speaker repair?

Post by mykel78 »

I bought a nice MB Quart component set some years back. Moisture inside the door deteriorated the cone on one of my mids, I patched it with duct tape and that worked for awhile. But, since I hate having a rigged stereo I want to repair it the right way.
Has anyone done this?
Or does anyone know of a good company?
I believe the speaker is worthy of repair. But it must be done right, no more duct tape - it falls off...
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.
jdogsd1

Re: speaker repair?

Post by jdogsd1 »

ya those are some of the best speakers that u can buy car audio wise, well i like them. please never put duct tape on a speaker again. now as for repairs its usualy something that u do not want to try on your own. if i were u i would try and find a speeker repair shop around u look in your local yellow pages. note that a speaker repair will never bring the speaker back to 100% but it wount be a bad fix. the other thing you might want to do is contact mb quart and see if they might repair the speaker for u for a small fee. well good luck :2thumbsup:
mykel78

Re: speaker repair?

Post by mykel78 »

Well, I had to. It was the passenger side midrange, and it was sounding BAD. For a temporary fix, it worked fine. But I hate having had to do that to such an expensive speaker. Gotta do what you gotta do...
Yeah, there's nothing of that sort in this area, going to manufacturer may work, I'll give em a shout. I'm handy with things so I may just do it myself, yipes. Luckily the voice coil is fine, and same with the center and surround.
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”