Help! front speakers are not working and fan, venting, a

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
hadj10

Help! front speakers are not working and fan, venting, a

Post by hadj10 »

Hello,
I tried using the search tool to see if anyone else had this problem, but i couldn't find anything.
Here is the situation, it's a wired one...i just bought the mx-3 and the front speakers WERE working, then a few days later they just stopped and i also noticed that the temp/fan/vent lights are not working also (i don't know if it is a related problem). Im pretty sure theres not external factory amps to power the speakers, so i have no idea what the prob could be.

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

everything else does work, deck, dash lights, etc
DavidOS

Re: Help! front speakers are not working and fan, venting, a

Post by DavidOS »

check u fuses bud:)
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
hadj10

Post by hadj10 »

that was the first thing i checked. the radio and everything still works, it's just the front 2 speakers. I would think that the lights to the vent/temp control would be wired up in the deck or the lighter some how. i looked in the manual in the fuse area and said nothing about interior lights.
would there be any factory amps in these cars? i know my 240sx has 3...which are junk anyway.

I can't see speaker wires being ran to a fuse box, but you never know. Is there anywhere else that the wires may be running to..ie inline fuse or anything?

thanks again
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Try checking if the speakers are blown or grounded some how. Take the speakers out (takes two minutes to remove grill and speaker) and measure the resistance of the speakers with a multimeter. OR, use a 9volt battery and touch the negative to the negative of the speaker, then BRIEFLY touch the positive to the positive of the speaker. It should make a poping noise if it is ok.

For your lights in the heating controls. I still think it is a fuse. Check to see if a fuse is blown, or is only letting some voltage go through. Seen it before, a fuse burns but still lets some voltage go through sometimes not enough to power anything - and the fuse still looks good to the naked eye. Check it with a multimeter, if it doesn't have 12volts going through change it.

MX3 doesn't have an external amp. Just what ever deck you have and four speakers.

good luck

<small>[ April 13, 2004, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Typhoonk ]</small>
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
hadj10

Post by hadj10 »

OK heres the update...i checked the front speakers and your right one of them was blown ans the other had a back ground, so it was cutting in/out. ...thanks for the help

BUT, the light on the temp control still do not work, i checked all the fuses. I understand what your saying about the poor fuse, but everything else is working, so i think it must be the bulbs in the temp control area. So i took it apart and came to a dead end, for some reason i can't get the temp control out of the console area, to check the bulbs. If anyone has taken the temp control unit out can you please tell me the trick..cuz im stuck!

thanks again
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Ok here we go....

Just the lights on the temp control don't work?
Or all the dash lights, gauges and everything doesn't work.

If all of them don't work, make sure the dimmer is all the way up, if they still dont work then...

If you have an aftermarket stereo, was it installed proffesionaly, they might of did something bad with the dimmer wire

If you have a stock stereo, does it dim correctly?

I'm not exactly sure how it would come out, becuase I don't know exactly how far you are, but the temp control basicly comes out after you undo a few screws and take the black plastic pieces off the levers that you control.

Thats pretty wierd to see just one set of lights blow though, my main question is, do you have an AM stereo that you installed yourself?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
hadj10

Post by hadj10 »

Well i just got the car about 3 weeks ago and it came with an aftermarket cd player.

All the interior lights work except for the temp control gauges. I checked the dimmer on the deck and it appears the dimmer feature isn't hooked up.

I also find it kinda weird that only the temp lights are out. unless when the guy hooked up the deck he sent some high current to the temp control and blew all the bulbs!?!

Any ideas please let me know, thanks!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”