what tweeters to get

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Kazik16

what tweeters to get

Post by Kazik16 »

hey, im about to buy me some 1" tweeters, and i was wondering what kind i should get, i was thinking pioneer, but also i can't exactly spend alot of money on em, anyways, gimmie yer imput
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kazik16
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."
-Vernon Sanders Law
lakersfan1

Re: what tweeters to get

Post by lakersfan1 »

You're just buying tweeters and nothing else??
[wolfman]

Post by [wolfman] »

far better to buy a set of components, with the mids and x-overs included. whats mids are you gonna be running with them, running them active or passive?
Kazik16

Post by Kazik16 »

me=sound noob when it comes to speaker lingo, and i didn't think you needed to buy tweeters /w other things and such, do they sound better if you match em up with a set? rather than mix-matching parts?
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."
-Vernon Sanders Law
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Kazik16:
me=sound noob when it comes to speaker lingo, and i didn't think you needed to buy tweeters /w other things and such, do they sound better if you match em up with a set? rather than mix-matching parts?
Can you get them seperately? Sure. But you want to match them up to a set of mids, and then you need to find a solution actively or passively to cross them over from the mids. Just slapping a pair of tweets into a system all willy-nilly is going to sound like *** if you don't know what you're doing.
Kazik16

Post by Kazik16 »

lol, so how bout you explain to me what i need to do? seeing as how i don't know what the crap im doing :p , whats a good set of tweets and mids i shuold get? and i can't spend like a pissload of money
-Vernon Sanders Law
[wolfman]

Post by [wolfman] »

Originally posted by Kazik16:
lol, so how bout you explain to me what i need to do? seeing as how i don't know what the crap im doing :p , whats a good set of tweets and mids i shuold get? and i can't spend like a pissload of money
As i have suggested in another topic, I would spend as much as you can on a good set of components (5 or 6" mid, tweet and passive x-overs), brands such as Focal, AVI, Crystal, Diamond, CDT etc. dont waste you money on rear speakers.

will you be running them from an amp? or from the headunit? coz this will effect which speakers to buy.
Kazik16

Post by Kazik16 »

ill be running them off an amp if i need to (i already have a spare)
-Vernon Sanders Law
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Any decent brand tweets you buy should come with an internal crossover. But yes i would defintely recommend going the route of getting a component set. You can get an infinity set on ebay for 60 bucks. I have those in my altima amped 200 watts and they pump.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Kazik16

Post by Kazik16 »

i have a friend who knows a guy that owns a custom audio shop, and i can get stuff at-cost (the price the guy pays from the manufacturer is the price i buy it from him for), so really i just need to know what to buy, i can spend prolly $100us, i'd rather not spend that much, but i can if it'll make that much of a difference
-Vernon Sanders Law
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

ok i know this post is kinda old but just had to get my 2 cents in. stop thinking about getting tweeters, go in to any outo sound stor and tell them you want the top of the line MB Quats component speakers :2thumbsup: . then when they tell you the price pick your jaw up off the ground buy them and walk out. for $1500 a pair they are the best sounding speakers i have ever herd, i am thinking of getting a pair of there lowere range models. but if you want a deacent pair of components eclipse has a pair for like $300
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

personaly sence im a cheep *** i would get infinity components... kappa series will runn u right around 250... i got mine from circuit city when they were closing... 220$ speakers for 120$

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”