keyless entry needs power door lock?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Bundy

keyless entry needs power door lock?

Post by Bundy »

This might be damn question, but I guess someone can answer this. I have RS and it has manual door lock on it. I want to have keyless entry system installed and wonder if I have to have the power door lock or not. If someone can answer, please explain that to me. Thanks.

bungo
synap
Supporting Member

Re: keyless entry needs power door lock?

Post by synap »

No you do not need power door locks to have keyless entry. I don't have power locks on my GS but I have actuators installed so that I can have keyless entry with my alarm. Love not having to unlock my car with a key :)
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Thanks for your reply. I have one more quick question. With the keyless entry or something, it automatically locks the door once the engine starts or the speed exceeds like 10 mph. With that feature, do you think I need a power door lock?

bungo
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

Your car doesnt need to have power door locks factory installed, you can have actuators installed. thats the only way you can have your doors lock/unlock without you doing it manually

There are a few kits floating around on ebay
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
ferguson

Post by ferguson »

I installed keyless on mine, I actually used electric locks and windows.
Ferg
duo

Post by duo »

i got a question.. i just bought an 93 mx3 and it comes with a remote starter and i think a keyless entry. well i think it has a keyless cuz the remote got a botton for the lock,unlock and trunk. but when i press the bottons it doesnt lock or unlock, the only thing that happens is when i press it it only makes the signal lights flash. i dont know if its not hook up rite or wat. does anyone have an idea wats wrong wid it? :confused:
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Check you actuator connection to the brain of the system first. Then check the condition of both your actuators by taking the interior door panel off. Make sure everything is free and working easy.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

cany anyone suggest a decent keyless entry kit that wont break the bank?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

Originally posted by duo-mx3:
i got a question.. i just bought an 93 mx3 and it comes with a remote starter and i think a keyless entry. well i think it has a keyless cuz the remote got a botton for the lock,unlock and trunk. but when i press the bottons it doesnt lock or unlock, the only thing that happens is when i press it it only makes the signal lights flash. i dont know if its not hook up rite or wat. does anyone have an idea wats wrong wid it? :confused:
I doubt you have actuators. I bet he just installed an alarm w/out keyless entry. Actuators are cheap if you want to add this option.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
duo

Post by duo »

no i dont think i have alarm on it.

<small>[ June 02, 2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: duo-mx3 ]</small>
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by duo-mx3:
no i dont think i have alarm on it.
Regardless if it's just remote entry or an alarm, you need to add a power lock actuator on the driver's door to get it to work.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”