My new car!!! YEA!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Juddd_83

My new car!!! YEA!!!

Post by Juddd_83 »

Well this Saturday after work at about 3:30pm, im taking a car out for a test drive and If all goes well Im gonna put a downpayment on it. And hopefully have it insured and have plates by wednesday. When (and if, but I dont think that will be a problem) I get it i'll post pictures of my first car. <p>Car is in good condition except a few minor cosmetic things. Such as a few scratches and the Hatch needs a new lock, cause It doesn't open to well. How much do you guys think that will cost to fix. Just to have a new lock put on the back so it will close properly with a key? That is if I take it to My local Mazda Dealership. Besides that the exterior looks fine, original paint and I couldn't really find any dents or anything but Im gonna look it over a bit more on saturday when it warms up and theres no snow on it. (Damn, Canadian winters)<p>Interior is very nice. I couldn't expect more for it being stock. The seats and the dash look brand new. Couldn't see the back seats, however, through all the snow. Gonna check those out more on Saturday.<p>My only concern if you can call it that is the engine. Not that I car if its the slow 1.6 4cyl manual. Its the mileage on it. 192,000km! But the engine was just reconditioned, plus if it dies on me gives me an excuse to have a nice engine shipped to me and have put in :) Dont know what I want in it yet. How much longer do you think that engine will run for me? As long as I look after it I hope to get at least 300,000km on it. Anyhoo Im just ranting cause Im excited about this that I will finally have a car to call my own and not rely on good ol' mommy for a trip to work or girlfriends house. <p>Ok I'll stop my ranting like I said im excited bout it. Heh one other good thing about me buying this mx3 is that it will royally piss off my ex, shes always wanted one. <p>Ok I swear Im done now <p>Peace out!<p>[ January 23, 2003: Message edited by: Justin_83 ]</p>
---------------------------
Finally a fellow MX-3er!!!!
Euro Tails (Clear Lense)
OEM RS Spoiler
Indiglo Guages
5000V Blue Ground Effects

Re: My new car!!! YEA!!!

Post by Guest »

Sounds good man, just look it over reallll well and try to notice any noises or wierd stuff when ya take it out. How much are you paying? i bought mine with 220000km on the engine and its still smooth and runs great.
Juddd_83

Post by Juddd_83 »

Hes asking 4500 but im gonna see if he can drop it down to at least 4000 if hes the stubborn kind then I say screw it Ive got a bundle saved up and can afford it, and I'll just give him the 4500. Its a 93' if you wanted to know. Sound ok price tho. Plus Ive been looking everything in my area and cant find anyone else selling any mx3s. Damn Niagara Falls.
Euro Tails (Clear Lense)
OEM RS Spoiler
Indiglo Guages
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

Make sure it's not smoking too, cause mx3's have this oil thing. It seems i burn at least 2 to 3 quarts of oil between oil changes, which isn't too bad...but if you're irresponsible with that kind of thing, you should be really careful. I can pretty much guaranty that she'll burn alot of oil. Just try to remember that.
¤Kelli¤
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

4500, 1.6 4 cyl ,,, 192000! from a dealer,,, :eek:
i dunno man,,,
what options does it have,,,
if its not fully loaded, its not worth it man, cuz just the lock alone will cost you 112 bucks from the dealer as i checked one for me,,,
keep this one in your list and definitely take a closer look on autotrader eh!<p>PS: whats this thing with autotrader.ca that they put MX3s in 2 category of "MX3" and "MX3 Precidia" , thats retarded!!
Juddd_83

Post by Juddd_83 »

Yea but the interior was completely redone, and the engine was reconditioned plus it comes safetied and e-tested. And thast 4500 and thats it no taxes or anything added on top of that. Doesn't sound that bad to me. I still think im gonna buy it I'll post pictures of it when i get them. Like I said the interior is really nice tho!
Euro Tails (Clear Lense)
OEM RS Spoiler
Indiglo Guages
Juddd_83

Post by Juddd_83 »

Damn Canadian Winters<p>Well the test drive was put off cause the car is snowed in I have to wait till this weekend for it to go from -20 to 3degrees. Should melt most the snow out and be able to get it out. Then I take it out for its little run!<p>And damn I hate insurance companys, Immediate coverage my butt! Damn change in quotations now I have to wait to get a piece of paper in the mail and then send it back gonna take like 30 days to get my quote back to them and have the car insured. 30 days!!!! ergggg!!!! <p>ah well just means i got more time to save up for the car!!<p>Im just gonna keep this updated till I get it so everyone knows when I get it not that anyone prolly cares, but I do! So if you dont like it tough! :p
Euro Tails (Clear Lense)
OEM RS Spoiler
Indiglo Guages
Phire

Post by Phire »

Was the car in the auto trader? I'm in St.Catharines and looking for a car around here and your right they are hard to find.
Juddd_83

Post by Juddd_83 »

Nope not in Auto Trader the other one is at Rectangle Auto Supply for 4300. This other one is just down the end of my street in Niagara Falls. So its easy to get there since I dont have a car! ERG damn no car sucks!
Euro Tails (Clear Lense)
OEM RS Spoiler
Indiglo Guages
Phire

Post by Phire »

Yea thats the one I am currently looking into (The one at rectangle Auto) <p>Its in really good condition but I don't really like the colour. Thing is there are not any others under 5000 around here, but I could always get a paint job later.
Juddd_83

Post by Juddd_83 »

Yea I took it out for a test drive runs nice, go give her a try, im waiting on this other one tho to take it out, its blaze red redone interior and only 4500 so yea im waiting for this guy, one thing I forgot to look at tho how mnay clicks on that white one at rectangle auto?
Euro Tails (Clear Lense)
OEM RS Spoiler
Indiglo Guages
Phire

Post by Phire »

170,000 how bout yours?<p>And what dealership did you find it at? I don't really have a choice about location when finding an Mx-3 and there are like zero out here.<p>[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Phire ]</p>
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gmuffb:
Make sure it's not smoking too, cause mx3's have this oil thing. It seems i burn at least 2 to 3 quarts of oil between oil changes, which isn't too bad...but if you're irresponsible with that kind of thing, you should be really careful. I can pretty much guaranty that she'll burn alot of oil. Just try to remember that.<hr></blockquote><p>That's a V6 prob.. not a 4 cylinders. My sohc isn't burning oil.. must be lucky.<p>What model of the 4cylinders you got there? dohc or sohc? the 93 had both options..
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Justin_83:
How much longer do you think that engine will run for me? As long as I look after it I hope to get at least 300,000km on it. <hr></blockquote><p>If it is the sohc version.. You'll be able to go OVER 300,000 kms without too many problems. The car might rust before you reach that.. :D
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

the 4 cyl. don't really have a burning oil problem, but they do have a problem with the valve cover leaks.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”